Answered

Layering Boards

• 11 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Apparently there isn’t a GREAT need for this as many mapping tools do not contain this feature as I am constantly searching for it.  I am in need of one that allows me to LAYER boards.  I create board A, board B and board C.  I can view board A + B + C all together, or A + B or B + C or A + C at my choosing.  Is this something I can do with miro?  I love the simplicity and cleanness of the UX.  However, I’m longing for this layering functionality for not only my product planning, but my product offering.  HELP!!

(or if layering is not an option, is there a workaround anyone can think of?)

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 11 February 2021, 21:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kerri Milyko - Unfortunately layers as you describe are not currently an option. So, what are your options?

Wish List Idea

You can add your comments/votes to any of the existing Wish List Ideas and help make layers a reality. And if you feel that any of those ideas do not represent exactly what you would like to do, you can add your own Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Grouping objects and modifying their layer

Not ideal, but a workaround would be to group a number of objects and then use the Bring to front/Send to back feature (Page up/Page down). In this example I have grouped these three sets of objects:

Miro Developer Platform

A more substantial venture would be to explore creating a custom a web-plugin using the Miro Developer Platform to accomplish what you are looking for. You would would probably want someone with a development background to review the developer platform documentation.