Answered

JIRA Cards Bi-directional Sync (Updates made in JIRA don't reflect in Miro)

• 13 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I have been using the jira cards integration with Miro.

I typically use it to create JIRA issues directly from Miro; and occasionally also paste JIRA issue URLs into Miro. My cards show the status of the JIRA issue.

However, I’ve noticed that status never updates in Miro even though I make changes in JIRA.

The only way for me to keep things in sync right now is by replacing the existing miro card with a new card with the latest status, but that beats the whole purpose of the integration.

What am I missing here? Is there something in the configuration process that I may have missed?

icon

Best answer by barrykrish 18 June 2020, 15:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @barrykrish,

That’s interesting. I’m sorry you’ve had to go through this inconvenience just to keep things in sync. Is this just a recent issue you’ve been experiencing?

It says in the Miro marketplace for the Jira Cards app that “changes are automatically pushed across both tools,” so I don’t think you should be experiencing this issue.

This might be something to reach out to support about by submitting a ticket.

Michael Sohn

@Michael Sohn 

I figured out what the issue was.

We have a really huge team at my organization, and there are multiple JIRA projects we use, across different teams.

The problem was that we hadn’t created a webhook for each project for the data to be sent back to Miro.

Once a webhook was created exclusive to the project I wanted to sync with Miro, I could see the bi-directional sync work almost instantaneously.

Userlevel 4

Hi @barrykrish,

Ah, I see. Great to hear you figured out the issue!

For future reference, for anyone else who’s having issues with syncing between JIRA and Miro, this article goes into detail on how to setup a webhook for JIRA cards.

Michael Sohn