Answered

Issues linking to frames from other boards AND from outside Miro app

• 5 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I love having the ability to get a link to a specific frame within a board, but this problem always happens.

*If I click a link to a frame in a board I don’t already have open (especially with an iPad or iPhone), it will take me to the right board, but NOT the right frame. Usually it will just take me to the board itself.*

If I already have the right board open, the links will take me to the right frame, but it is not helpful when I’m trying to get the frame I want from either outside the Miro app or from a different board in Miro.

Is this a bug that can be fixed?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 5 March 2021, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ryan Wagner - I have never experienced this, however, I don’t own or use any Apple products, so I cannot test it.

I just created a board with two frames. I did the “Copy link” for each and put the link in the frame, also separating out the frame’s ID (which is a part of the link) - I did this to highlight the ID, so I can clearly identify which frame is which.

What happens when you click on this link:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lRdx4Wo=/?moveToWidget=3074457355364770863&cot=14

I did just test emailing myself that link to my Android device and clicking it in the Gmail app did load to the frame in the Miro Android app.

What does your link look like? Are you able to create a test board and share a link to a frame on the board?

@Robert Johnson Thanks for taking the time to help!

Here’s what happened:

When I click the link from my desktop (Windows PC, if that matters) it takes me right to Frame 2. 

When I click it from an ipad, it also took me right to Frame 2. I closed the app and tried again from the email notification I got after you responded, and it still took me right to Frame 2, which is great.

When I tried it from my iphone, it just took me to the board and not to Frame 2.

The ipad is the real reason I was concerned about the issue, but in your example it is working fine. I don’t need it to work consistently on an iphone, so that’s no big deal.

Not sure why it isn’t consistent when I copy links on my end…

Thanks again, though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ryan Wagner - I also tried opening the link on my Android phone to the mobile Chrome browser and it worked. I can’t test with the Miro iOS mobile, i.e., non-tablet, version. It is always possible that there is a bug. If the issue persists, it may be worth reporting to Miro support, even if just as feedback as it may not be stopping you from working. Cheers!

The support form is here: learning center → Get help → Support: