Answered

Is my board public with the free plan?

• 1 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Form what I gathered with the free plan anyone in a team can see all boards. Currently, it’s only me in my team (and I’m planning to keep it that way because I don’t own a company, I’m just a student), but the scary thing is that when I try to add teams, I see there are some public ones with boards which all of a sudden I, a complete stranger, can modify.

What I’m basically scared of is that my boards, too, can somehow be accessed by a random stranger just because mine is a free account.

How do I prevent strangers from becoming members of my team is basically what I’m trying to get at?

Thanks to anyone who will respond

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 1 June 2021, 13:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bamdqppln -

So long as you don’t share your boards with anyone else and you don’t add anyone to the team, no one should be able to access them other than you.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@bamdqppln - A few things to check & note in your team profile settings:

Permissions → Team signup mode

Make sure you are set to Invitation only:

This way no one using the same email domain as you when they create their Free Plan Miro account can’t see your Team and attempt to join it - you would be notified by email.

Permissions → Invitation settings

Make sure you are set to Team admins only and that Enable team invite link is DISABLED/OFF:

When the Enable team invite link in ENABLED, the following Copy invite link button appears on your boards’ Share settings:

Here’s a post I wrote about a previous bug related to the “Invite link to Board and Team” feature, which coincidentally was resolved yesterday.

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/resolved-invite-link-to-board-and-team-bugs-4041