[RESOLVED] Invite link to Board and Team: Bugs?

• 13 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi all. I am creating this post as a means of documenting my findings for a Miro support ticket and to get the communities thoughts on what you think should be the expected behavior of the “Team and Board invite link” feature. I believe there is at least one bug here.

NOTE: For all of my screenshots below, I have the Team Admin role.

Team Invitation settings

For the Free, Team, and and Education Plans, I see the following team setting - this example is from a Free Plan team:

NOTE: I created the following board AND am still the board owner.

With the settings as they are above, when I go into a board’s Share settings, this is what I see:

This is as expected.

Now I will start making changes:

I enabled “Enable team invite link”​​​​​​

Now let’s look at the board’s Share settings:

It looks the same.

Yes, it looks identical. However, I read this:

**BUG?** So, if I am the Team Admin, where is the option in the board sharing settings?

Let’s make another change:

Now I set “who can invite users to the team” to “All team members”

And now let’s see what the board’s Share settings look like:

There’s the option I was expecting!

If I shared that link with any Miro account holder, as soon as they clicked on it they would be:

1. taken to the board
  2. and would automatically be added to the team.

**QUESTION FOR YOU ALL** If I am a Team Admin, do you expect that option should be there with the following configuration?

**POENTENTIAL BUG #2**

When I sign into my spouse’s Education Plan (student type/10-person team), and set the following (just like in the Free Plan team example above):

This happens:

Any thoughts/feedback is welcome. In the meantime, I will share this with the Miro support team and will update this post with their response.

Robert Johnson 2 years ago

Reply from support - the issue is resolved:

I'm glad to let you know that the bug was fixed, and now Team Admins on FreeEducation, and Team plans can invite new members to the team via the link when the Invitation settings are set to Team Admins only

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update # 1 from Miro support:

Hey Robert,

Thanks for conducting such a thorough investigation and sharing your thoughts with us!

I was able to reproduce all the scenarios and get the same results. Now I'll check with the Product team how these flows are supposed to work. As always, I'll let you know once I have any news to share.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Reply from support - the issue is resolved:

I'm glad to let you know that the bug was fixed, and now Team Admins on FreeEducation, and Team plans can invite new members to the team via the link when the Invitation settings are set to Team Admins only