Answered

Is it possible to record the session through Miro?

• 13 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding recording. Is it possible to record the whiteboard session with my team through MIRO? If not what are my options?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 13 October 2020, 18:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Magdalini Finelli - Miro does not offer screen recording functionality.

If you are already using video conferencing software for your session (Zoom, Teams, Google Meet, etc.), using that software to record may be your best option as it will capture everything going on in the session (the screen, participants audio/video, etc.)

There are a number of free screen recording software options (but you are usually limited by the length of time you can record, e.g., Loom, and of course any paid options, e.g., Camtasia, Snagit.

Userlevel 1

I use Bubbles (useBubles.com) a Chrome extension to do recordings and then I drop in the resulting Bubbles link that the app produces. Loom (Loom.com) is a more robust solution.

There is no integration presently for Loom or Bubbles. However, it is easy to just paste the link to a Loom or a Bubbles video and what is created is clickable and opens the corresponding video.

Userlevel 4

Just want to provide an update here that you will soon be able to record single user sessions with Miro Talktrack :) 

Here’s a demo video on how it works: 

Talktrack is currently in limited beta and will be released to all users in the next few months!  

You can also read more about Talktrack in this help article.

For multi-user session recordings, this is also something we are considering for the roadmap, but we are still collecting more feedback and understanding around the use case. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sophia Chia - This is exciting news! Will this feature be available for Free Plan users too? Or just paid and Education Plan users?

I hope to see a cursor highlighting feature in Miro one day. If anyone else does do, please upvote my Wish List post → https://community.miro.com/ideas/highlight-cursor-and-click-tap-actions-10879

Userlevel 4

Hey @Robert Johnson - The feature will be available for all plans ! 

And I’ll check out your wish-list post ;)