Interactive Presentation Mode's smooth slide transition animations not working

Hello, since yesterday suddenly, in presentation mode, the presentation stopped animating from one frame to another and now displays one frame at a time. Now, anything outside the frame appears black in contrast to the day before when the whiteboard was visible.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yiorgos Molvalis - This happened to me too. The first thing I checked was to make sure Reduce motion was disabled, which it was. A while later, Interactive Presentation Mode animations were working as expected.

Here is where to find the Reduce motion setting, so you can check if yours is enabled:

For me it still does not animate and I have the reduce motion setting off. What more to try?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

For me it still does not animate and I have the reduce motion setting off. What more to try?

@Arian - While in presentation mode, look for this option and disable it:

Is it possible to get the movement/slide animation between frames to happen while in “Present” mode? The only way I seem to get that effect between frames is if I click on the frame names in the left panel, while in edit mode. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jeff S - I moved your question to this post. Hopefully the screenshots above clear things up for you.

Starting yesterday, I've noticed that the usual smooth transitions between frames seem to have stopped. Instead of the seamless animations I'm used to, the presentation now displays just one frame at a time. To make things even more confusing, anything outside the current frame appears black, whereas before, the whiteboard was visible beyond the frame edges. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I rely on Miro's presentation mode for my work

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Starting yesterday, I've noticed that the usual smooth transitions between frames seem to have stopped. Instead of the seamless animations I'm used to, the presentation now displays just one frame at a time. To make things even more confusing, anything outside the current frame appears black, whereas before, the whiteboard was visible beyond the frame edges. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I rely on Miro's presentation mode for my work

There are two settings to ensure they are disabled:

And while in presentation mode:

With both of those off/disabled, you should be back to the animated-style transition between frames, and no back background.

The problem is back again, presentation mode does not animate. 

I have both dark mode and reduced motion disabled. 

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

/Arian

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello, since yesterday suddenly, in presentation mode, the presentation stopped animating from one frame to another and now displays one frame at a time. Now, anything outside the frame appears black in contrast to the day before when the whiteboard was visible.

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question @Yiorgos Molvalis ! We’ve made some updates to Workshop & Presentation features that I think you might find helpful here and can’t wait to share more with you soon!

To learn more about this feature and all other Miro product updates, join us on March 13 or 14, for our What’s New Product Webinar. You’ll hear directly from our Product Marketing team about how you can use these features to just make work, flow!

Userlevel 2

Arian, have very similar experience. It looks like the motion is there but much faster than before which looks almost like no motion at all. It’s a pitty, the slow motion transition (prezi like) was a very nice, soft presentation way. Please bring it back  

Userlevel 2

BTW, this slow motion transition is there but not in the presentation mode but when you manually select frames in open frames side window. It looks like it is easy to restore this feature