Answered

I have a consultant plan, want to give access to someone else with a consultant plan

• 10 March 2021
  • 4 replies

He there,

I have a consultant plan, and I want to give access to a few boards to someone else with a consultant plan. We both have an account, so that should be possible? But how?

I hope someone can help us.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 10 March 2021, 14:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Stéphan Lam - Unfortunately Miro doesn't work this way. Paid users are by "team plan"/account. Just because you are a paid user of one plan does not mean you can just be added to other paid teams.

You would have to them as a full license or occasional (Day Passes) user or using guest editor access.

Thanks Robert for your quick response. I agree that this is unfortunate.

Do you know what the best solution is to see each others boards? Do we have to buy an extra Teams license that we can share? Or is Miro willing to change things to meet the needs of their paying customers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Stéphan Lam - The “best” solution will depend on your preferences/needs. However, here are a few options.

Additional Cost

1. Both you and your friend can purchase an additional full license, so you can each have a paid seat on the others team.
  2. One of you could purchase a full license and add the other to your team, but then you’d have to make sure the boards you want to collaborate on are in that one team.
  3. Occasional user/Day Pass license - more expensive and probably not one you’d even entertain, but an option nonetheless.

No additional cost (included in paid plans)

Guest Editor access. Just set the board’s Share settings to Anyone with the link → Can edit:

For additional security, you can password protect the board.

Finding boards shared with you using Guest Editor

Tip: To quickly get back to a board that has been shared with you using this method, you can “star”/bookmark it.

1. Once on the board, click on the star icon to the right of the board name:
  2. Select Starred boards from your dashboard to find your starred boards.

Wow Robert, you really take the time to answer my question! Thank you so much!

I think the last option will do the trick for us :-)