How to manage boards when an account is desactivated

• 24 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Dear Miro Team

I have a Miro education project and I can’t erase the boards that someone in the team created (they are the owner of the board). 
Is it so that only owners of boards can delete them?
Can you tell me what will happen to all the boards on this project when my account isn’t active anymore.
I will be leaving the University and need to find a way to keep the project boards available to others.

Is there any options?

Regards,
Nathalie

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nathalie Egli -

In general, only board owners can delete their boards but when a user account is deleted, if they are the owner of one or more boards, the ownership will get transferred.

@Robert Johnson, can you clarify the specific business rules for the transfer of ownership as I've forgotten what those were?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nathalie Egli

I have a Miro education project and I can’t erase the boards that someone in the team created (they are the owner of the board). Is it so that only owners of boards can delete them?

Yes.

Can you tell me what will happen to all the boards on this project when my account isn’t active anymore.

When you Leave the team, ownership of your boards will automatically be transferred to the earliest Team Admin in the team - they will not be deleted.

Are you the Team Admin of the Education Plan? You can see who the Team Admin is by

1. clicking on the Team profile settings button
  2. And then look for the Team Admin under the Role column:

If you are the Team Admin, you can promote a new Team Admin when you leave the team and this person will become the new owner of your boards.

As per the Education Plan Help Center article:

12. How can I transfer ownership of my Education account?
- You can leave the team and promote another user to admin. Open Team profile, scroll down, and click Leave team. You will see the option to choose a new admin. Select a user and press Leave. Note that you will lose access to the account and your boards that belong to it.

If you are not the Team Admin, and you would like your boards to be transferred to another member of the Education Plan team, you would ask the Team Admin to delete you from the team and choose who should become the new owner of all of your boards:

The benefit of the transferring board ownership at the time a member is deleted is that all boards can be transferred in one step.

If you only have a few boards and want to transfer ownership before you Leave the team, you can follow these steps:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572194#transferownership

Thank youvery much @Robert Johnson !