Answered

How to make a screen recording?

• 6 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Hello, I made a screen recoording but do they save or not? Because I want to send it to my students.

icon

Best answer by mlanders 6 May 2020, 18:34

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @olivia dance 01 ,

what do you mean with screen recording?

Do you talk about the video chat function?

Till now this function is not able to record your video chat. It allows you to chat with your clients via webcam, but it cannot record a complete chat session.

For screenrecording I recommed Camtasia Studio or something with a same functionality (there are free or cheaper tools on the market but the best is Camtasia Studio)

And if you can wait … miro shortly blogged that the zoom implemenation is on its way.

Michael

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @olivia dance 01 ,

what do you mean with screen recording?

Do you talk about the video chat function?

Till now this function is not able to record your video chat. It allows you to chat with your clients via webcam, but it cannot record a complete chat session.

For screenrecording I recommed Camtasia Studio or something with a same functionality (there are free or cheaper tools on the market but the best is Camtasia Studio)

And if you can wait … miro shortly blogged that the zoom implemenation is on its way. There you an find also a screenrecording inside. 

Michael

Michael, thanks for such a detailed answer. One thing I want to point out – it won’t be possible to use screen recording in v.1 of our integration. 

Hello @mlanders, there is an update about board interaction recording? thanks a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Petter Carranza ,

no unfortunaley not.

So with the answer above from Lena it seems when zoom is implemented (which is still not) even then the recording interaction is not possible.

But you can use other tools for live recording you can use every conference tool on the market like zoom itself as a standalone app or goToMeeting 

But if you like to edit your recording and add something else into it - I still recommend 

Camtasia.

I have done this video with it:

Michael

Hello,

I wanted to share a video clip of our MIRO activity from an online workshop.  I did not have an app like the ones recommended above (Camtasia, SnagIt, other), but we use MS Teams.  We were using MS teams for discussion and other presentation and then working in MIRO for the collaboration.  One way I found to capture the screen activity (you can get audio also if needed) was to present my desktop through MS Teams, display the MIRO activity, and then log in to the Teams meeting from my phone.  Then I could screen-record on the phone, and it created a nice video/audio capture of the workshop activity.  I only needed a small clip, so this worked well.  Just sharing this as a possible idea in case it can help anyone else.  For a more detailed recording, I agree with the other recommendations.  Jim

To make a screen recording, one can use Stork. All they have to do is press the "start" button on their screen recorder and the white overlay will appear around their windows. They can then record what ever is happening on that desktop for as long as they want. To stop the recording, they just press the "stop" button of Stork, which will end by also saving it in a high quality MP4 format video.

Badge

Hi Miro community!

I have a technical question. I would like to run screen recording through the miro addon that I code, but when I start recording a browser alert appears (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DaLK78xBcPQOPNDA2jKNRiCFIMo-PQnz/view?usp=sharing) and an error appears in the console:

DOMException: Failed to execute 'getDisplayMedia' on 'MediaDevices': Access to the feature "display-capture" is disallowed by permission policy.
    at invokeGetDisplayMedia (http://localhost:3000/recorder.html:75:36)
    at captureScreen (http://localhost:3000/recorder.html:83:9)
    at HTMLButtonElement.document.getElementById.onclick (http://localhost:3000/recorder.html:109:9)”

@Lena Shenkarenko, do you know what to do to use this feature inside Miro?

Userlevel 4

You will soon be able to create board recordings in Miro! 😃

It’s actually even more interesting than screen recorders, because your video is tied to your Miro board, and when other people play it back they are watching your recording and following you inside the board itself. 

Here’s a demo video on how it works: 

Talktrack is currently in limited beta and will be released to all users in the next few months!  

You can also read more about Talktrack in this help article.

It’s also already heavily used by the Miro team, you can read more about how it’s being used here,

TalkTrack looks great! But I believe thoses screen recordings are associated with the boards, and cannot be displayed outside of Miro.

I need MP4 recordings so I can provide training outside of Miro. So I’ll be looking into Camtasia or another screen recorder.

Thank you!