Skip to main content
Answered

How to click web preview links when the item is locked?

• 20 June 2024
  • 3 replies

For some reason when I lock a web preview the ability to click the link to the site is no longer available… why is that? 

I’d like to provide a bunch of links to help people get context for a workshop but lock them so that people won’t mistakenly move them around. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Chris Butler - Is this what you are referring to? I

And as an unregistered visitor, the source/link option is still available:

And the same with text links using insert link:

And a sticky note using Link to:

Are your objects grouped with any other objects?

Of course, with very little context, I could be missing something. Can you share a screenshot of your specific scenario?

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately, this is when I select everything, say a bunch of stickies and links, and lock all of it together. Then the link button isn’t in the bar anymore:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Chris Butler - Thanks for the additional context. Yes, it would see that, given the nature of web preview links only being open by a “Source” action on the context menu, when these types of links are locked with one or more objects, that action is not being exposed on the context menu - for example:

While this could be a known limitation, if you have a paid subscription you could open a support ticket as the support team will surely confirm the expected behaviour with a product team. Through this process, a few things will happen:

1. You, me, and of the rest of the Community will have an answer.
  2. The support team will have a documented response (if they don’t already)
  3. and the issue will be on top-of-mind with the product team, who may fix the issue (if it is determined to be a bug) or maybe add it to a backlog.

If you have a paid Miro subscription, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

If you do open a ticket, I would suggest that you include a link to this post, or at least your screenshot an and my GIF.

Wish List

You could also create a Wish List post asking for an enhancement to the currently functionality, to expose the Source link when web previews are locked as a group.  You can add an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.