How to add ML interaction to Miro wireframes

• 16 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m a student researcher for my team (design, dev, ml ops).👧🏻

I’ve been tasked to look into how our UX designers can show interaction with ML models (eg: getting result from pre-trained models from hugging face or Open AI APIs) in low-fidelity wireframes they’ll start creating on Miro soon. It’s for building ML-based web applications with potentially our own or open source ML models.

Has anyone faced similar challenge? How did you go about it? Any workarounds/resources/plugins I can look into?

I’m at exploratory phase so I’m open to any ideas & advice.

Thanks,

Jo

#helpastudentout

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Jo!

First, I can’t answer your question because - I just don’t know. But I can give you 2 links, if you are not already familiar with them:

https://developers.miro.com/reference/api-reference

https://developers.miro.com/docs/miro-web-sdk-board-items-crud

Both of these links would tend to suggest that programmatically working with “Miro wireframes,” either with the REST API or Web SDK, is at the present time not supported.

But I write “Miro wireframes” because it isn’t clear if you mean Miro’s built-in wireframes, or just a wireframe functionality you build yourself. My students design GUIs in Miro all the time, but generally we prefer to do this using Miro shapes, because they are just faster and easier to use. Both the REST API and Web SDK do seem to give you plenty of power over shapes . . . so maybe that is enough for you?

Good luck! Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the advice. I’m exploring how to use the built-in Miro features to make a more robust wireframes or high fidelity prototypes for ML apps.

Do you students also work with designing for ML as well? I haven’t come across any posts about this in the community. Curious to know if they are others with similar needs in the past.

Cheers,Jo

Userlevel 3

Hi Jo - We’ve got a pretty big ML program here, but AFAIK they don’t have any special needs regarding prototypes or wireframes, just the same ones SW developers have in creating applications. I encourage my students to use Miro for prototyping, because we can easily share the results with the external stakeholders. But many students also use tools like Figma. But also keep in mind we are an educational institution, so our prototyping needs are much less than what you might find in bringing out a real product.

Cheers, Ken