Skip to main content

Hi, is it possible to move the contents within a frame with the frame when I arrange all frames using the Auto Layout feature? I tried to create frames from individual objects (images extracted from the pages of a PDF file) using the Framer 2.0 app. Framer 2.0 did an excellent job putting separate frames to each object. Then, I draw something on the first frame using the pen tool. I moved the last frame farther just to try the AutoLayout Feature. When I selected all and clicked Auto Layout, it did distribute the frames evenly but did NOT move the drawing with the frame that contains it. Seemingly, the drawing became one of the objects that had to be distributed evenly together with the other frames.

I think one workaround is to group the drawing with the frame (but aren’t frames supposed to automatically do that?). Also, I have too many pages to do this with, and this will be a frequent thing I will have to do for multiple boards. Is there an easier and faster way without having to group the frames and their contents one by one?

@Phylla Magallanes - I’m glad to hear that Framer is working for you! I have some enhancements coming to the app soon, as well as a link to give feedback. Until then, please do leave any feedback in this post.

On to your question…

There are indeed some objects that don’t move nicely with frames. What should work in most cases (and what I do quite often) is to filter by object type to just the frame, and then move those using the Auto Layout tool, e.g.:

Again, this may not always work, e.g., any drawings or connection lines (or cluster frames) that are not bound to other objects just don’t seen to move properly.

Oh, I did not know about the filter. Thanks a lot for this info! Will try it out!

Also, the demo videos you embed in your comments have been very helpful!

Oh, I did not know about the filter. Thanks a lot for this info! Will try it out!

😊🙏

“If I can’t picture it, I can’t understand it.”
― Albert Einstein

😊🙏

“If I can’t picture it, I can’t understand it.”
― Albert Einstein

Love that!

Tried it, your solution works! Thanks a lot again!

@Robert Johnson  WAY COOL!  I did not know about this!  You have saved me HOURS AND HOURS!  

T H A N K S