How do I enable dark mode?

• 1 September 2021
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 3

I want to enable dark mode on the Miro desktop app, how do I do that?
I require of dark mode, otherwise my eyes will proceed to hurt. Thank you for reading this.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Maybe Anonymous :

Till this time there is no dark mode available.

Please vote for it here:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/dark-mode-night-mode-874

Userlevel 1

Workaround ( not a complete solution, but is more then nothing )

1. Create a big canvas (rectangle)
  2. Set Your Color
  3. Lock it in place so its unselectable and you can work on top of that.

Thank me later :)

Workaround ( not a complete solution, but is more then nothing )

1. Create a big canvas (rectangle)
  2. Set Your Color
  3. Lock it in place so its unselectable and you can work on top of that.

Thank me later :)

WOW THIS RIGHT HERE!!

I have another workaround:
Use it in Google Chrome and install the AddOn “Dark Reader” then enable it.

@Maybe Anonymous:

Till this time there is no dark mode available.

Please vote for it here:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/dark-mode-night-mode-874

Thank you for the link. :thumbsup_tone5:

Userlevel 2

None of these solutions are really sufficient, in my opinion. They’re helpful, of course, but it’s they aren’t replacements for a built-in dark mode (or better, a customizable background). The Dark Reader fix inverts images on Miro, which is awful. The workaround with the large frame or image works, but it makes navigation more difficult. It’s also very frustrating to have it as a selectable object, even if it’s locked. The options panel for it is distracting, and it’s horrible if you accidentally double-click anywhere that isn’t the content you actually care about, because suddenly you’re zoomed out to the size of your whole project (or the size you expect your project to be, which might be much larger). 

I find it discouraging that a post 2 years old with half as many comments as there are total suggestions on the forums is ignored by designers when very, very little effort would be required to implement a robust feature for background customization. They implemented the dotted background when that was requested, and that request was made 1 year ago. I just don’t understand.

Wish there was a dark mode 😓

Please add a dark mode.

What’s there more important?

A fix for dark mode. Install this extension in any browser. It has several settings such as brightness, contrast, etc. to adjust to your liking--->Dark Reader

Figma did it? I understand it is kind of difficult perhaps… At least making a dark background?

Userlevel 1

https://www.loom.com/share/509ecac50b984074a818663202f38c2a

really? no dark mode?

I’ve canceled my subscription. Dark reader is no longer working and without a dark mode this is unusable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mike Slivinski Just curious, why is it unusable without dark mode?

That’s amazing ?!? There is no dark mode… White is really dazzling...

Yes, in the miro app, there would be no possibility to use any browser plugins and i love the app. please consider that in your backlog.

@Mike Slivinski Just curious, why is it unusable without dark mode?

This is fundamental UX.  On large HDR monitors Miro is blinding. I’m not going to waste my time searching for workarounds, enduring eye strain, headaches, and other problems because a paid app ignores the most fundamental principles of UX.

@Mike Slivinski
Setting dark reader’s mode to Filter or Filter+ works. It may not look the best and i have not thoroughly tested it, but it works fine with background, text, and even attempts to invert pictures.

@Mike Slivinski
Setting dark reader’s mode to Filter or Filter+ works. It may not look the best and i have not thoroughly tested it, but it works fine with background, text, and even attempts to invert pictures.

Inverting pictures is precisely why it is not a viable solution. All colors and images are inverted because of the way Miro serves the app content. This makes it impossible to collaborate when images and colors are extremely relevant to the work being done.

REALLY MIRO? No Dark Mode?

MIRO!
When do you plan to provide Dark Mode? Drawing tools are usually used with bigger screens.
Can you imagine working with Miro on 32” screen? It’s like a strong bulb lamp in front of your eyes!

Userlevel 1

Hello everone,

We have decided not to renew our 4 seat subscription because of this. ($400 per year)

We are not coming back until there's a properly implemented dark mode.

Cheers!

For those who are using the latest version of Dark Reader, you can turn all dark with this option:

And for those who doesnt understand why dark mode is so important, let me ask: how many hours do you think developers spend in front of a screen?I can't even work on a laptop that doesn't have to set the brightness super low or after 6 hours of work I'll end up wanting to cut my head with a chainsaw because it would hurt less that way

Really thinking on canceling my team’s subscription because of no Dark mode...

Really Miro? No dark mode?