Skip to main content

HELP ASAP! Need to collaborate with in-person and Zoom participants with several people on one laptop

• 19 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a collaboration event coming up Tuesday and have an issue.  

1.  I will be running the event via Zoom and planned to use the Miro tool.
  2.  Participants (3 of them) will be participating via Zoom, but they’ll be sitting together in one room and sharing one laptop.  (There is no option for each of them to have their own.)  

Problem:  How can I get them to submit their own post-its, and vote, on one screen?  

Idea 1:  Give them their own physical post-its and paper, have them do the work, then email a photo of their work to me so I can integrate onto the Miro board?  Seems like it could work but would take a lot of admin time for me to re-type their responses so the group can see.  

Question 1:  Can they send a photo directly to my Miro board with their phones?  Or would it have to come via email, then I upload to the board?  

Question 2:  Any better ideas on how to approach this?  

Thank you so much!  Appreciate any help i can get.  

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gail Kurpgeweit - They could write their own ideas on physical sticky notes and then use the Stickies Capture feature Miro mobile app to snap a picture of their physical sticky notes and Miro will (do its best) to convert the handwritten text into text on a Miro sticky notes - and if the Stickies Capture feature isn't working so well, they could just choose the "upload picture" feature.

I encourage you to test this out yourself right away.

Thank you, Robert!  That’s a great idea and I’m going to play with the app and see if I can get that to work.  

Thank you for your help!

Gail