Google Meet share screen while Miro is open

• 2 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello just wondering if this is possible or just a bug

I would like to open a google meet then launch Miro.  When inside Miro whiteboard i would than like to share my screen of a cad model using rhino or solidworks.  This would then allow people inside the chat to take snapshots of the model and post them into the whiteboard and keep the discussion going.  Is this possible? It seems to only allow me to share my current tab which is pointless because its the same as the Miro whiteboard tab.  I guess I could have one tab with the Miro white board open and one with the Google Meet sharing the screen but would really like everything on one tab if possible

2 replies

Hi @Mark Peters 
I'd be happy to help!

I'm afraid currently it is not possible to switch between different tabs while using the Miro app during a Google Meet call. As you have mentioned, sharing your screen while in a meeting instead of using the Miro app is actually a workaround here that can help. As for the point of using the Miro app, it gives none registered users the ability to collaborate with you during the call and even create their own boards so I'd say this is one of the possible reasons to use the app.

By the way, let me convert your post into a feature request. Currently, our team receives feature requests and product feedback via Wish List in our Community, this helps to add more visibility and transparency for our users. Also, we will be able to collect all the feedback in one place and make sure it is reviewed by our teams.

Hopefully, we'll see your idea in Miro soon! 

I currently cannot share y screen on a google meet, when I bring the call to Miro, I can only successfully share the current Miro tab which makes no sense.

when i try to share other tabs, windows or entire screen, I get the error message “something went wrong if youre trying to share a tab, open the tab and try again.”

I do not experience this issue on a normal google meet call