Answered

Frames behind frames, no change of color possible

Userlevel 1

I have a master board from which I copy the content for different clients. On the master board everything looks fine and it also does on the client’s board to which I copy for a couple of hours and then the order of the frames changes: Frames loose the shadow and change to grey color , however, if you go on the color settings, their defined color is white. This seems to happen quite randomly to some frames and to others not. 

This is how the master board looks like:

This is how the copy looks after some hours (strange thing is that initially it looks fine and changes after a certain time). As you can see, color is set to white but frame still appears grey. The main frame that the board is set up on is grey and it seems that all other frames placed on it are now behind the main (grey) frame. However, there is no way to bring the other frames on top

icon

Best answer by mlanders 21 April 2021, 10:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@York :

You can get to the frames via the search-tool:

By clicking on it it’s highlighted.

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@York -

I generally don’t like to nest frames within frames as the resulting behavior is somewhat confusing and when you export the board, you’ll get duplicated content (i.e. one page for the outer frame and one page for each of the inner frames).

I usually will have an outer frame for a particular exercise or topic in which I’ll use other objects (e.g. rectangles). 

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your answers.

@mlanders that is not really my problem. I still do find the frames and can see them, they are just in the background and changed their color.

@Kiron Bondale I have seen it many times that people put frames in frames of frames…. and it actually worked. for me it usually worked as well. I get your point but in the end that would me that you should not use frames at all. you could then just do anything with regular objects. However, regular objects such as rectangles have one big disadvantage. you cannot work within them without moving them. 

I guess Miro is just buggy here and there is missing a function that allows bringing frames in front or move them into the back

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@York :

I’ve checked myself your setting - obvious a dialogue field is missing:

Send to back - bring to front.

The colouring of the boxes is there but you cannot see it - you can only find it by clicking this symbol here:

Please add this as wish to the wishlist and important vote for it:

https://community.miro.com/community-welcome-guide-14/wish-list-everything-you-need-to-know-1099

I will do so, too.

- it is totally important that this is gonna make it into miro - wondering why nobody has noticed this till now - thank you for your finding.

Michael

Userlevel 1

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to understand my problem. I created an idea:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/bring-frame-to-front-or-back-4512

Userlevel 1

BTW, the issue is a little bit larger than I thought. I just tried to place an object behind a frame and that also does not work. Frames stay behind the object. Definitely a bug.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@York 

It’s no bug - the principle of frames is based on structuring elements together - bringing elements togehter like a piece of paper where you write on …

or like a flipchart … you can put elements onto the paper and so the priciple of frames is working till now … :

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018261813-Frames

Maybe the not developed thing we mentioned of bringing frames to the front or to the back changes something of this principle but till now it’s logical to me.

Michael

Userlevel 1

Hi Michael,

I might have had a wrong concept of frames.

I took the approach proposed in your link (selecting all and adding a frame) and at least for now it works!

Thank you so much for your help! Problem solved (at least for now)

Userlevel 1

Hi Michael,

I tried what you proposed (marked all elements and created a frame around them). Yesterday it worked well. However, today the frame is on top of the marked objects. It is very disappointing that such a basic feature does not work well. I’m seriously considering changing to Mural….

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@York :

Maybe you could link into a copy of your board, so I can look into it and get an Idea - This would be great:

If you like you can send me a PM with the link.

Michael