Favorite Board Games?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

What is your favorite board game you would love to see (and play) on a miro board?

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Said Saddouk -

Two which immediately come to mind are Monopoly and Scrabble. The former could be relatively easily simulated using the dice app, sticky notes for the various cards and so on, although counting money would be challenging. The latter might be a bit easier - still a counting aspect, and the ability to randomly pick letter tiles.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Said Saddouk -

Another relatively easy one might be trivial pursuit using the card flip add on…

Pictionary might be a lot of fun to do using Miro’s drawing tools, the timer, and the card flip add on...

Kiron

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Said Saddouk -

Two which immediately come to mind are Monopoly and Scrabble. The former could be relatively easily simulated using the dice app, sticky notes for the various cards and so on, although counting money would be challenging. The latter might be a bit easier - still a counting aspect, and the ability to randomly pick letter tiles.

Kiron

I allready created a miroPoly Board a few month ago but haven’t played it with anyone yet. Maybe it is the right time and place to test it out :D

You can check out the demo here:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/said-saddouk_customerexperience-gamification-learning-activity-6866267700776226816-MV_T

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Said Saddouk -

Another relatively easy one might be trivial pursuit using the card flip add on…

Pictionary might be a lot of fun to do using Miro’s drawing tools, the timer, and the card flip add on...

Kiron

This sounds cool. Haven't  thought of it yet. Thanks for the inspiration @Kiron Bondale.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
  • Stratego 
  • Hnefatafl
  • Yahtzee
  • Nine men's morris
  • Afrikan tähti
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • Stratego 
  • Hnefatafl
  • Yahtzee
  • Nine men's morris
  • Afrikan tähti

I will look at the rules for those games, but at first view it looks that most of it can be realized in miro.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Said Saddouk Wohooo! 🙌

I'm guessing Stratego might be a challenge. Although you seem to have come up with a good solution for Battleships (only seen an image but haven't played it) which is kind of similar in the way that's it's crucial that some content is secret for the opponent. 😊

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Said Saddouk Wohooo! 🙌

I'm guessing Stratego might be a challenge. Although you seem to have come up with a good solution for Battleships (only seen an image but haven't played it) which is kind of similar in the way that's it's crucial that some content is secret for the opponent. 😊

Of cause the first rule in every game should be trust. But there are also some hacks to keep stuff secret. Like playing on 2 separate boards or using breakout frames on a Miro board. Worked great for my battleships game.

Userlevel 7
Badge

I actually think Pictionary might be amazing in Miro. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I actually think Pictionary might be amazing in Miro. 

I could try a version of pictionary and see if there are any difficulties. Using the pen tool in miro is quite underrated 😆

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Colleen Curtis this could work out but needs a test with some live players.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I think Mironary/ Pictionary could work for the next event with up to 20 Players 😀 @Colleen Curtis. It is nearly done!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Said Saddouk @Colleen Curtis Where do I sign up??

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Said Saddouk and @Colleen Curtis -

I am definitely down for some Miro-Pictionary - it’ll give me a chance to put my money where my mouth is as I always critique the art works of my learners in my agile fundamentals course when they play the drawing game using Miro shapes and the line tool!

We’d just need to do it with the pen tool and not sticky notes as @Said Saddouk is the G.O.A.T. at that!

Kiron

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I've never really played pictionary - at least not by its official rules. And sure @Kiron Bondale , the pen tool is the obvious choice for that. There is also a timer and the dice app. I will scheudle the event soon.

In the last event I got the feedback that some more interaction for all participants would be cool. This could work out great to engage everyone. 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kiron Bondale Haha, sticky notes are completely off the table, @Said Saddouk is unbeatable in that playing field. 😅

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I love snakes and ladders but I think this is already a Miro game? Or am I making things up 😅

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I love snakes and ladders but I think this is already a Miro game? Or am I making things up 😅

I never played it, but I guess you are never to old to try out some new … uhm … old things @Karen M  😁

There is a Snakes and Ladders Retrospective template by @Paul Snedden.

https://miro.com/miroverse/snakes-and-ladders-retrospective/

I also created a version of the game years ago but never published it on miroverse.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Said Saddouk You should publish it in Miroverse!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Said Saddouk You should publish it in Miroverse!

It was one of my very first creative works in miro, when I had no skills at all and just wanted to try out stuff. Maybe I should create a new one that is more up to date. 🤓

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Today is National Board Game Day (US). Just sayin’ 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Said Saddouk Of course you should do a revamped version!

Happy National Board Game Day! 🎉

Userlevel 1

One of the coaches in my team created the wooden letters for Scrabble and used it as an icebreaker before a workshop.   Having a template that has all the letters with point values would be AWESOME!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Thene Sheehy Wow, that looks really sleek! 👌

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

One of the coaches in my team created the wooden letters for Scrabble and used it as an icebreaker before a workshop.   Having a template that has all the letters with point values would be AWESOME!

Challenge accepted @Thene Sheehy. I rarely play scrabble, so I will have to look up the exact rules, points and amount of letters.