Answered

Excel layout copy to Miro

• 3 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I'm new to Miro and trying to find out what all the possibilities are between Miro and Excel.

In Excel I have a planning template with data filled from a other page.

When the calendar needs to start, days, week nbr etc..

I fill some details in the settings page of excel and my calendar is filled.

The reason for this is that not all my calendars are the same or start on the same date.

Every cell has some data in it that I use for other things.

My question, I want the data/calendar of excel as my template to place the sticky notes in.

I can use an image but then there is no intelligence to it as adding a column  in Miro.

Off course I can do this all manually but that's a lot of work for every new project.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If yes, how can I do this?

Below a screen shot how my excel template looks like.

Thanks,

Daniel

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 3 June 2021, 19:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Daniel Veenendaal - As far as I know, you would have to paste your Excel calendar into a Miro Table.

The way I see this working (but you’d likely have to experiment with it a bit) is that you could:

1. Create a Miro Table with 7 columns and 7 rows (one for the weekdays and one for what looks like the week number?)
  2. Style the rows/cells/etc. as you’d like for them to appear on your Miro board as I believe shading is not carried over from Excel.
  3. Save that Table as a Custom Template if you’re on a paid Miro plan, otherwise just copy-and-paste that Table somewhere on the board for later use, e.g., a Frame called “Templates”.
  4. Now you can copy-and-paste your Excel calendar data (week number row and day numbers at a minimum as the weekdays should be static) into the Miro Table.