Skip to main content
Question

Estimation: How do you hide the current voting status from people that are currently estimating?

• 18 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hey Miro Community,

we just tried out the Miro Estimation App and like it. But we ran into some challenges.

1. First and most important thing: How do you hide the current voting status from people that are currently estimating? I makes sense for everyone to see the final estimations when everyone is done estimating, but not beforehand. You can easily switch to another number after you put down your first estimation and skew the results.
    For example: You vote a 2 on Story and immediately after you see other people puting down an 8 for the same story. You feel pressured to change your estimation.
  2. Is it possible to have multiple hosts on the same estimation session? It makes facilitating the session easier if one is having controll over the Estimation App (for example Scrum Master) and another is going into details of the Stories but will not vote themself (for example Product Owner)
  3. Is there a way to influence in which order the stories are being voted on? I see no pattern to it other than randomness.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Ansgar Heinemann 

Great questions. Unfortunately, there’s no way to host anonymous voting but a user in this thread suggests this workaround.  Here is a Help Article on Voting that might be helpful as well, and here’s an article about the Estimation app.  If this isn’t helpful, I suggest opening a support ticket.

Hey Elva,

thanks for the reply. I read through both articles beforehand to make sure I’m not missing anything critical. 

Unfortunately the 3-2-1-Go method the other user suggested feels a little to micromanagingy and interrupts the flow of conversation. 

Anyhow, I greateful you took the time to look for help. 

Kind regards,
Ansgar