Answered

Editors suddenly unable to download content from board

• 2 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I am a professor teaching a class virtually through Miro. Previously I have been placing copies of lectures and assignments to my Miro board for the class, and students that I had assigned as editors were able to download the content from the board.

As of three days ago, that capability has disappeared for the students. I have confirmed that they are still considered “editors” on the board, so I can’t figure out why suddenly their access seems to have changed.

Help!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 2 February 2021, 19:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Challie Schafer - This sounds like it is related to a fairly recent update where users can limit the downloading or copying of board content. Please have a review of the Board Content Settings Help Center article.

How to get to the settings:

@Robert Johnson Thank you - I couldn’t find this topic anywhere. Appreciate your direction. Our admin has changed the sharing settings and that it was has created the problem.

Not sure how to request this of Miro, but the download function and the function to copy content are very different for our class purposes. It would be great if they weren’t looped together! Is there a good way to share this feedback with Miro?

And to clarify - Admin removed my ability to select “Anyone with board access.” That is the issue. THANKS AGAIN!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert JohnsonThank you - I couldn’t find this topic anywhere. Appreciate your direction. Our admin has changed the sharing settings and that it was has created the problem.

Not sure how to request this of Miro, but the download function and the function to copy content are very different for our class purposes. It would be great if they weren’t looped together! Is there a good way to share this feedback with Miro?

I 100% agree! I would suggest adding your feedback at the end of this post and mentioning Vlada when you do: https://community.miro.com/changelog-feedback-31/new-feature-board-content-copy-permissions-2499?postid=13102#post13102