Skip to main content

Hi, I accidently created a board within a team I was not supposed to be using. I am trying to duplicate it into my account. How can I do that?

Hi @Summer Kim 

First, I don’t know how to do that!

But . . . what I normally do is create a new, blank board in my team, then copy-and-paste the content from the other board in the other team to the new board in my team. In other words, I “steal” the content from the one board and copy it over to my new board.

Maybe depending on licenses of the different teams you might have troubles . . . but I have done that plenty of times until now and never had an issue!

Cheers, Ken

@Summer Kim - You could do what @Kenneth Ritley said and copy/cut-paste content to a different board and then delete the board.

Depending on the plan permissions where you created it, you could just move the board

Thanks everyone! I was able to do that by leaving the team I accidentally created the board in and create new team in my account and asked to be invited to the other team again. But since I had to leave the team, I didn’t own the board anymore, so I had to copy the board and move it to the new team in my account. 

Hi @Summer Kim,

Looks like your question was answered, and you were able to successfully move the board—great to hear! 😊 If this ever happens again or if you run into any other issues, feel free to reach out.

Also, if you’re interested in learning more about some of Miro’s biggest product updates that may be relevant to your use case, save your spot here at our Canvas ‘24 event happening on October 8th.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions – always happy to help!