Skip to main content

Hi, I wonder if you can help. When we delete members who no longer work for us it states ‘member deleted’ but they keep re-appearing in the members list. Any idea what we are doing wrong? Many thanks 

@Marleen Kinder - With no insights into your plan type or settings, the following are based upon assumptions/experience.

From you are describing, it sounds like a team invite link has been shared for a board.

For example:

Anytime someone clicks that link, not only are they taken to a board, they are also added to the team.

To stop this from happening, you would like to go into all boards and set the above to No access.

To avoid this in the future, you should consider disabling the the team invite link which will ensure a more intentional approach to who should be a full team member.

The setting I am referring to can be seen here:

More info on this here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022258119-Invitation-settings

Visitors or Guests

If you need to collaborate on boards with others who are not members in your team space, and do not want/need for them to become members of your space, and assuming you are using a paid Miro subscription, then you would want to use the Visitors or Guests feature - more on this here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/7045408248594-Visitors-guests-and-members

Thanks so much Robert, I will try your suggestion and see if this prevents this from happening. 

HI Robert, I just checked and we do not have the option to set our boards to ‘no action’. Any idea why? Is it the plan we are on? 

@Marleen Kinder - Thanks for the screenshot. This now tells me that you likely have the Business Plan as that setting is not the “team invite link”, but the “guest link”:

My next question would be, when you say members keep reappearing, are they showing up as a Full Member”, or “Free Guest”, e.g.:

Because, using the “Copy guest link” will add users to a board as a “Free” licensed “Guest”.

Miro Support

I will also point out now that, since you have a paid subscription, you can also open a Miro support ticket, as they will have access to see what is going on at an account level, and you could share information that you will likely not want to share here, e.g., email addresses. Just an option :)

You can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Hi @Marleen Kinder,

Eca here from Miro.

Hi, I wonder if you can help. When we delete members who no longer work for us it states ‘member deleted’ but they keep re-appearing in the members list. Any idea what we are doing wrong? Many thanks 

You mentioned that you delete members. Since it is now known that you are under a Business Plan, could you please share on what setting are you deleting the users from? IS it from the team settings or from the Company Settings? Please note that when you remove a user from the team setting, the user still has access to your Company’s boards because they were not removed completely from the Company or organization user list.

How to delete users on Business Plan

To remove a user and release a vacant license, open Company settings > Active users section and choose Delete in the user's menu. Define whether to transfer ownership of the user's content or to remove all the user's resources and click Confirm. If you choose to transfer the user's content, it will be reassigned to Admins of the teams where the content is located. 

Delete-user-Business-Plan.png

More info here: How to delete users on Business Plan

Hope this helps!

HI @Eca 

Thanks for your reply. This is exactly how we are deleting members from the company settings. But for some reason some of them keep reappearing to the point where I question myself if I ever deleted them!! 🙄 I will speak to support and find out why this is happening as it’s a question of business risk that we seem to be sharing valuable company insights with people that have left which is very concerning. 

@Marleen Kinder - If you haven’t already, I would suggest that you include a link to this post in your support ticket, to show some of the troubleshooting that has been done (rather than retyping it).

One this that caught my attention and I have been unable to reproduce in my own Business Plan, is the fact that there is no “No access” option in the “Copy guest link” action. I can’t come up with any reason where this should even be a desired/expected scenario. I suppose it’s possible that a browser extension is blocking and option from appearing, e.g., ad blocking extensions have been known to block unexpected things. 

Anyway, if you think of it and would take a minute to let us know what the issue/resolution was, it may help some other Community members 🙏