Answered

Colleagues can't sign up (not receiving confirmation email)

• 10 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

I’m trying to share my board with my colleagues, 5 of them seem to be having the same problem.

They are not able to just log into the board as guests. My link (shared via copying the link from Miro) is set to allow my team access to view and edit the board. I have no password set, and it shouldn’t be stopping people from joining. 

When clicking on the link, they are taken to a sign in page. They are not able to sign in or create new accounts as they don’t seem to be receiving verification codes.

They are trying to log in via their British Red Cross emails, and we do not have any sort of firewall or security measures against Miro as the rest of us can access the board just fine.  Is there any way they can just join as guest without having to log in? 

Any help on this matter would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 10 May 2021, 18:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lynn Saadi - If you have a paid plan, you should be able to set the board’s Share settings so that Anyone with the link → Can edit using the Collaboration with Guest Editors feature:

You can even password protect the board.

There is an exception if you are using the Enterprise Plan - your Miro Company Admin may need to configure the Sharing Policy to allow for public access to boards.

If you are using the Free Plan, only team members can edit boards that reside in a Free Plan team, so your colleagues would need to create an account. More on Plans and Features Available in the following Help Center article → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730233-Plans-and-Features-Available

We are currently using the Free Plan. All 5 of them can’t seem to create accounts or log in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lynn Saadi - Okay, so it sounds like the issue is that your colleagues can’t create an account because they are not receiving the account creation confirmation email?

Have you read through the Registration Confirmation Issues Help Center article? Perhaps there is something in there that may be in indicator as to why this isn’t working for you.

If nothing in that article helps, I would suggest reaching out to Miro support directly using this form.

In the meantime, you could ask these individuals to use another email address to sign up, so you can all start collaborating. Once the confirmation email issue is figured out, you can add those users to the team and remove their other/temporary email addresses as members.

Thanks so much Robert, we’ll give it a go!