Card Description Limitation Workaround

• 7 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I haven’t been able to find a mind mapping tool which would would allow multiple parents per topic and realized that Miro is actually perfect for that!

My only disappointment is that I was hoping to paste articles or long strings of text within cards (i.e. my “topics”) so that I could search my entire board and then be pointed to that specific card.

However I found cards have text limitations.

I’m wondering if anyone has a creative workaround for embedding a large amount of text ~2,000 words per card so I can search a board for the cards that have keywords.

Hyperlinks or tags are my alternative but those are also incredibly limiting.

Thoughts? :)

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Matt Klein 
Indeed, it’s only possible to add up to 6,000 text symbols in the card description. The limit is applied to card headings as well. As a workaround, we can suggest that you split the text between two cards.

Any reason here or plans to extend? Feels like an unnecessary limitation. Further, text expansion opens Miro up to database discovery use cases, which is a natural product expansion…

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Matt Klein 
I’m afraid that there are no plans on extending the limit due to some technical limitations. We’re sorry about that!