Cannot access virtual camera created with OBS Studio in Miro app

• 19 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I use OBS Studio to manage my workshops video-wise. Miro app just can’t see the virtual cameras I create with OBS Studio. Is there a way to do it? I can do it in Miro when used in the browser, though.

Thanks in advance!

lux

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Lucio!

What an interesting question - OBS with Miro, that’s a first!

I have been digging and digging but haven’t found anything documented or previous or existing similar questions…

So we can try and help you a bit better, could you provide us with some more details on OBS, the virtual cameras you create with OBS and how they link with Miro when you use the browser version?

If you could create a short video or GIF would probably help us a lot, too!

Very curious to see where this is going! :nerd:

Any update on this pls?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Fiona!

I wish I could already deliver an answer or a solution here! Unfortunately, we’re still lacking some details in order to understand the issue and the situation better as there is no documentation available, be it on instructions on how this can be achieved or other customers asking a similar question.

However, since this seems to be something that doesn’t exist yet (a plug-in or an app which allows you to use a camera created in OBS on your Miro boards), I suggest you head to our Wish List and submit your idea here!🎁

By adding your idea, you’ll help us collect all the feedback in one place and make sure it is reviewed by our product teams.

Thank you for making Miro better!🌟