Can't resize table column on certain columns - re-opened as not solved

• 27 February 2022
  • 4 replies

I cannot understand why the topic “can’t resize table column on certain columns” has been closed and marked as answered. To delete a columns and therefore rearrange and check e.g. a Gantt chart CANNOT be THE solution.

I am facing the same problem as described in the closed chat and am really upset! PLEASE someone fix the problem / give a useful answer.

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AnneK - To help move this forward, first I will include a few links:

1. The original post that AnneK is referring to: https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/can-t-resize-table-column-on-certain-columns-4516
  2. The “Technology Roadmap” template referenced in the original post: https://miro.com/app/dashboard/?tpTemplate=technology-roadmap&isCustom=false&invite_link_id=682964532631

To delete a columns and therefore rearrange and check e.g. a Gantt chart CANNOT be THE solution.

I am facing the same problem as described in the closed chat and am really upset!

What specifically are you trying to do and cannot? It would help if you share a screen recording of what you are trying to accomplish, e.g., Loom is free and quite easy to use (and share) screen recordings.

For example, when I add the Technology Roadmap template to a board, I am able to

1. Resize all columns
  2. delete a column
  3. Move a column

I did a recording, but how can I upload it here? (I do not have a URL to embed this)

I can now extend the columns, but unfortunately not make it comparably narrow (about 1,5 cm) as others in my table (each column is a quarter of a year and should therefore be exactly the same with).

Thank you for your quick help (I have a deadline to meet tonight ...),

Anne

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You should be able to paste a Loom link here, e.g.,:

It looks like a column’s minimum width is determined by any objects that are in the column, e.g., if I remove a card and place a smaller sticky note in the column I can make it more narrow:

One approach would be a set up an empty table to your desired dimensions, lock it, and then place objects over top of it. As a bonus, if you put a frame around a locked table, you can drag the table around along with the objects you put over top of it:

Thank you! These are very useful informations.

I had thought that the reason you mention could be the cause in my table but did not find the blocking element.

Anyway, all your suggestions make perfect sense to me and next time I will definitely block the frame before putting objects on top on it.