can't paste images into Miro from clipboard

• 11 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m using a mac and chrome and can’t paste images from clipboard.

The Miro browser extension for Chrome has been discontinued. 

Does anybody know how to make this work so I don't have to paste into another application in between pasting into Miro? 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @petebrag!

I’ve tested this on our end and pasting images from a clipboard onto a board works just fine in the scenarios:

1. when you right-click an image on a web page and choose Copy Image:
  2. when you create a screenshot using an external tool, e.g. Lightshot, and save it to the clipboard:

As for the web clipper (Chrome extension), it hasn’t been discontinued (the app that has recently been sunset is the web capture) though there’s an ongoing bug preventing full page screenshots form being saved, but you can still use the extension to save parts of a web page. You’re also welcome to use any other Chrome extension to capture web pages.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I’m missing anything here. 🙂

Hi @petebragdrive mad

I’ve tested this on our end and pasting images from a clipboard onto a board works just fine in the scenarios:

1. when you right-click an image on a web page and choose Copy Image:
  2. when you create a screenshot using an external tool, e.g. Lightshot, and save it to the clipboard:

As for the web clipper (Chrome extension), it hasn’t been discontinued (the app that has recently been sunset is the web capture) though there’s an ongoing bug preventing full page screenshots form being saved, but you can still use the extension to save parts of a web page. You’re also welcome to use any other Chrome extension to capture web pages.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I’m missing anything here. 🙂

Very helpful to me. Thank you so much!