Can't move boards between accounts

• 12 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I work in various teams and often need to move boards between accounts. I have previously been able to do this with no problems.  However, recently been 9 out of 10 efforts fail and I get the “something went wrong” error codes now.  I keep having to find hacks around, copy pasting board content over rather than moving the board.  Which involves a lot of unlocking and headache.  I have no idea why I keep getting this error.  Any thoughts?

PS - I know someone’s going to tell me to start a support ticket and I feel quite dumb but I couldn’t figure out how to do that so … .happy to get instruction on how to do that.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alisa Oyler - Yes, I am here to tell you that for help with your errors, you should open a Miro Support ticket. You should be able to find the link to the support form from either your dashboard or while in a Miro board from within the learning center (?) icon:

Do pop back in here and let me know if that doesn’t work for you.

It would also be helpful for the rest of the community if you were to come back here and share what the Support team told you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alisa Oyler - Out of curiosity, does this happen in both a browser and a Miro desktop app?

Also, for a board that gives you an error, what happens if you duplicate the board and try to move the duplicate? (Or was that one of your workarounds?)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Fantastic question about the Miro app, I hadn’t tried that as I almost exclusively use the browser but yes, it seems to be true there as well. 

And yes, I’m usually trying to move a duplicate board (to ensure I am the board owner).

And thanks for the gif on the support ticket - doing that now.