Question

Can't move board on free tier team to paid team

• 24 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a free tier miro account and our company has an enterprise account, I’m on the same account on each. I need to move my boards to the enterprise account but I can’t seem to share the board from the free account to the enterprise.

When I click “move board” I only get an option to move the board to another project (not team) and there are no project options listed.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Zach Luther 

Can't move board on free tier team to paid team

It sounds like you are trying to move a board that resides in a Free Plan space to a paid space.

When I click “move board” I only get an option to move the board to another project

There should not be a “Move to project” option when right-clicking on a board that is in a Free Plan space dashboard as there are no projects in a Free Plan. However, perhaps the Free Plan was previously upgraded (paid or free trail) to a paid plan, a project was created, and the plan was later downgraded to free again -- I cannot say.

If you are not seeing a “Move to team” option, that would indicate that you are not the board owner. To move a Free Plan team board, you could first duplicate the board and then move the duplicate (as you would now be the owner of the duplicate).

Another way to duplicate a board is to

1. set the Free Plan board’s Share settings to “Anyone with the link → Can view”
  2. Open the board as your work account -- this may be the same account, but it doesn’t matter.
  3. Once the board is open, click on the board’s title and use the “Duplicate” action button. At this point, fi your Miro account profile is a member of more than one team, Miro should prompt you as to which team space you want to create the duplicate in. Even you are no prompted and the board is duplicated into the Free Plan space, you could now use the “Move to team” action.