Skip to main content

Hi, when I try to group these 3 objetcs I can’t. I mean, I can group a sticky note with a connection line (arrow) but when I try to goup with a part of the mind map, the group does not work.

I did a whole mind map so I use an arrow whith a sticky note to put “a focus” or “pending” or whatever I need to write in each sticky note on that part of the mind map. So when I add more ideas (lines) to the mand map, the objetive is that the arrow and sticky note move with the mind map line. I cannot group these 3 objects so every time a add more ideas, all the arrows and sticky notes don’t move (are a lot) so I forget with part of thye mind map has the arrow+sticky note.

Please help, thank you so much.

Roberto

@Roberto Fried - It sounds like you are trying to group objects (arrows, stickies) with mind map nodes? This appears to what another poster was trying to do today - can you have a look the following post to see if matches what you are trying to do?

https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/group-cmd-g-not-available-2657

If so, I believe the option to group objects to mind map does does not currently exist. @Kate Ivanova - Are you able to confirm this to be true?

@Roberto Fried - If it is correct that it is not possible to group objects with mind map nodes, there is obviously use cases for this.

I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Hi @Robert Johnson thank you so much for your answer. I will add that Idea right now. Is very important for us, because when addind more nodes to our strategy, we loose control about the connection between the node and the comment in the sticky notes.

@Roberto Fried - The inability to group objects with mind map nodes  has been confirmed by Miro: https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/can-t-group-items-to-a-mind-map-node-2657?postid=11151#post11151

The Structuring Board Content → Grouping help article has also been updated (thanks, @Marina!):

Hey @Robert Johnson and @Roberto Fried tha’s correct! At the moment you can’t group or lock mindmap with other objects.