Can't group items to a mind map node

• 12 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi there.

Group icon and the shortcut cmd + g for grouping objects are not available in the mind map board I created. I am using Safari 14.0. My colleague is working on the same board and she can group icons and text fields. Has anyone an idea how to make the group function available? Please let me know.

Marina 3 years ago

Hi there,

Robert, correct. There’s already a Wish List item for this: Ability to group objects to mind map nodes. I’ll make sure to add this info to the article as well.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nils Moeller - A few questions:

1. What options do you have when you selection one object? E.g., I see the following:

2. What options do you get when you select two or more icons? That’s when I get the group objects icon:

While I don’t use a Mac, I can confirm that the Ctrl + G shortcut is working for me on Chrome + Windows 10.

Some other things to try:

1. Sign out and back into to Miro in Safari.
  2. Clear your browser cache.
  3. Chrome on your Mac.
  4. A Miro desktop app

Hi Robert,

this is the menu when I select the three items (two icons, one text field). 

… and these are the options when I select one object.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nils Moeller - Thanks for providing these screenshots. I see now that you are trying to group a mind map node with a non-mind map object. When reading the Structuring Board Content → Grouping Help Center article, it notes that certain objects cannot be grouped:

I suspect that the same is true with mind maps and the above article needs to be updated. @Marina  - Can you confirm this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

Robert, correct. There’s already a Wish List item for this: Ability to group objects to mind map nodes. I’ll make sure to add this info to the article as well.