Answered

Can I remove a user from a board without being an admin on a free account?

• 5 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello - we need to remove a few users from a free account. The individual listed as the team admin is unable to do so and none of the general team members have that function either. Could you advise on any ways to get around this, if possible. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 5 March 2021, 20:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ali C - The title of the post reads:

Can I remove a user from a board

and the description reads:

we need to remove a few users from a free account

Are you trying to remove them from a board or as members of the team?

The individual listed as the team admin is unable to do so

Can you explain further? When they are on the the Active users screen, do they not have the Delete from team option?

Or do they get an error when they try to execute the Delete from team action?

Or are they “unable to” for some other, unrelated reason, e.g., no internet connection?

Hi Robert, 

Thanks so much for your quick reply!! 

We wish to remove them from the team as a whole. Currently the team admin does not have the three dots next to the team members names when looking at the active members list. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ali C - Unless there is a glitch/bug, it sounds like the person who is signed in is not a Team Admin.

Have them pay special attention to the following information when then navigate to the Team profile settings page for the Free Plan team in question.

#1 - From the dashboard, click on the team settings gear icon:

#2 - They should see that they are in the Free Plan team:

#3 - On the Active users page, if they are a Team Admin and are signed in with the email address listed, they should have the ellipsis menu:

#4 - But when I sign as “Rob Johnson” above, using my other email address/Miro account profile (who is just a “Member”) then I don’t have the ellipsis:

I would have them triple-check that they are signed in with the correct email address and viewing the correct team’s Active users page.

Ok, great! I will have them double check that they are signed in with the correct email associated to that team. Just curious, is there any way to delete a team member without being the team admin at all?? It’s a bit time sensitive and our team admin is offline in the UK, so hoping to find some work around if possible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ali C - There is no way for Miro users to delete users in this scenario. Only Miro could do this, however, support for Free Plan users is limited. Also, because their is no billing arrangement in place, they may have have policies around non-admin free plan users requesting to delete admin users from a team.

Thanks so much @Robert Johnson! Is there any other way to get in touch with Miro outside of creating a ticket? I’ve done that, but I know it could take awhile before they are able to address those.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ali C - You’re welcome! The support form is the only channel.