icon

Best answer by Turner Pijpers 31 October 2022, 10:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @EdB,

The Support team has already replied to you that there’s no this functionality yet. Feel free to upvote the Wish List idea -  Collapsible branches on the mind maps :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Hi @Marina 

Do you know when this feature will be available? Is it an actual work in progress? or ?

Thank you,

John

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @John Schroeder 

Welcome to the Miro Online Community!

It’s not possible to tell when it’s going to be available! If the feature is being listed in the wishlist ideas then it might be available in the future.

Maybe it’s under the backlog list of the developers and will be soon starting working on it but there might be other features that Miro wants to launch before this feature because the developers might be working on some features already. So those features will come first then they might work on this new feature!

I believe the Miro team implied they don’t really plan to support Mindmaps and for that reason they don’t want to include typical functionality of a feature.  That’s why they don’t reply to customers on these boards. 

Userlevel 2

I was migrating from Mindmeister to Miro and was very disappointed to find out that MindMap nodes in Miro can’t collapse :disappointed:. This makes navigation more difficult and confusing for big maps. Hope they add this functionality soon.

I saw this had been raised by many users. Miro Team please !!!! 

Look forward for the collapse function to be roll out. 

Thanks 

Мужики, нужная вещь - коллапс бранчей. Я перехожу обратно в XMind, но жду этого функционала. 

Gosh MIRO I LOVE you!!

But you’ve raised $400M plus $17B valuation.

You certainly have the resources but perhaps not the will to make this happen.

Darn shame. 

Please make mind maps collapsible. It is very difficult to use mindmaps without this feature, as the maps go on increasing in size and there is no way to view one branch in detail unless you are able to collapse other branches

This mind map is useless without collapsing, nothing really big can't be implemented. I was shocked that this “product” have no this feature.

This feature was requested over 1 year ago. How many upvotes are required before a feature is added? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@OCTAVIO WARNOCK-GRAHAM

in march we"ve got two years this wish was made and only one answer from miro. 

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/collapsible-branches-on-the-mind-maps-171

How realistic is it that we will ever get an answer to this on a scale from 1 to 10:

1= never

10= today     

Michael 

Pleaseeeee!! We neeeedd this feature!!! :) 

Just adding my support for this request.  For large mind-maps, it’s important to be able to collapse nodes

ASAAAAP!!!! В третий раз перестаю пользоваться миро из за отсутствия этой фичи!!!

Moving back to MindMeister until this feature is available

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

3 ways to handle this:

• Take it
  • Change it
  • Leave it

Take it: There is no way that this is gonna change - so use other programs for collapsing MindMaps … there are enough that can handle this

Change it: You have everything done what is possible to do so: You created a wish … voted for it … got response … waited … nothing happened

Leave it: Leaving Miro completely - really?
Take a look on other online-whiteboard tools - compare it:
No one is able to handle this … ähem … there is one:

https://www.ayoa.com/

With more advantages on their MindMapping side … see it by yourself ...

But … their whiteboard isn’t by far so good as Miro is … so 

Downside in Miro:

Collapsible branches are impossible … and real flexible MindMapping with every aspect are more complicated than in Ayoa ...

Downside in Ayoa:

Their whiteboard isn’t as good as Miro is ...

On a scale from one to ten:

How realistic is it that there will be collapsible branches in the next weeks / months if you look at this wish:

1 = It will not happen

10 = It happens in any case

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If people wants mindmapping features with full coverage, they should use a dedicated mindmapping tool. Miro is so much more than just mindmapping.

If people wants mindmapping features with full coverage, they should use a dedicated mindmapping tool. Miro is so much more than just mindmapping.

I think you don’t see 🤐 how essential this feature for mindmapping 

+1 for implementing 

Mind Maps without expanding/collapsing nodes is like Excel tables without sorting or filtering.  Doih.

Please do this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Illes Muller Maybe. And maybe you are simply too  rigid in your definition of what is “essential” for mindmapping? Both can be true at the same time. 🙂

Most comments and 3th most upvotes, 2 years old and still not developed. This makes me worry... This and the fact that there is no find replace all.

I was looking for feature-packed cross functional mind map and Miro seems to provide a quality product. I love how simple and visually appealing it is. I was searching how to collapse a branch and I found this forum pending for more than 2 years. I hope you guys understand how fundamental this feature is, I don’t want my colleagues to confuse or overwhelme when I explain the mind map. I think this is the most demanding and awaited feature people are looking forward to, specially for those who want to migrate to Miro. Please give a thought on this. Thanks   

Found this today, also want this feature. Up voting.