can boards be reused?

Hey there! I have a question regarding boards on the consultant plan. Can the boards be reused?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Heghine Lalayan -

Boards on any paid plan can be reused. If you save the board as a template OR you make a local backup of it then you can apply the template to a new board or restore a new instance of the original board. You can also duplicate boards.

With a free plan, you can only have three active boards, so you could copy & paste content from one board to another within those limits. Backup and restore operations are not available for free plans.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale Thank you for your response! So it means if it is free consultant plan boards can’t be reused ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Heghine Lalayan It depends on what you mean by “reused”. 🙂

@Henrik Ståhl I mean after sharing my boards with the clients can those boards be reused

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Heghine Lalayan I don’t quite understand what you mean when you use the word “reuse”. They are not consumables, so to speak. A board is like a Google document or a Keynote presentation or a spreadsheet; once it is created, it can be shared with anyone.

Can it be duplicated by others, is that what you mean? When a board is shared, the content can be copied and pasted into any other board depending on the sharing settings.

@Henrik Ståhl thank you for your answer now I got it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Heghine Lalayan - In addition to @Henrik Ståhl and @Kiron Bondale’s comments, here is a post where I detail how you can share a Miro board in view-only mode with any Miro user, who can then duplicate/copy the board to their own account/team:

Sharing a board with any Miro user (BONUS: Boards vs. Custom Templates)

Thank you @Robert Johnson I will read your article, and what about sharing the board with others who are not Miro users?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Heghine Lalayan It's only possible to share boards with non-users if you're on a paid plan. Here's a collection of articles about sharing:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005081573-Sharing-boards

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thank you @Robert Johnson I will read your article, and what about sharing the board with others who are not Miro users?

@Heghine Lalayan - I believe I answered this question in one of your other recent posts:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/share-or-invite-clients-8463?postid=35662#post35662