Answered

Bulk Edit Boards?

• 22 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Active Contributor
  • 24 replies

Hi, 

Our company is looking at changing some of the defaults in our Miro account. 

I was wondering if there was a way to bulk edit the boards? Specifically change the default classification and sharing options? 

I see that when we change these it applies from that moment onwards, is there a way to edit all unclassified boards sharing AND classification settings? We have a few hundred unclassified and it is going be extremely tedious setting these on all of them. 

Additional question. I was tempted to create a different topic for this one. I believe there’s been some discussion around using classification to set certain permissions. Does anyone know if this is true and when this might be rolled out?

icon

Best answer by Gav 26 March 2024, 13:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Gav! Thanks for sharing your question. I’ve gone ahead and converted your “conversation” into a “question” so the community can better answer! Don’t forget to select  “Best Answer” if receive at least one reply that is helpful to you ✅

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gav - There are very limited bulk actions available through the Miro dashboard/team/profile settings. The only  two I can even think of are:

1. Adding multiple boards to a Project (from a Project modal):
  2. And some bulk user actions:

This also appears to be true for board Classifications as I could not find a way to do it, nor any mention in the help center articles.

Wish List

There are several bulk action Wish List idea posts that you may want to upvote – here is a search link:
https://community.miro.com/search?q=bulk&content_type%5B0%5D=ideation

However, if you feel that idea doesn’t truly reflect what you are looking to accomplish, I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Userlevel 1

I appreciate that there are very few bulk edit options. As an Enterprise customer I found this both surprising and disappointing. I can’t see anyone in  your list asking for the same feature as this one - which I’m surprised about. That’s why I asked the question to determine if I was missing something.

This also appears to be true for board Classifications as I could not find a way to do it, nor any mention in the help center articles.

Exactly! We’re on the same page.

Ok. So this would need to go on the wish list then! 

Userlevel 1

There is no way to do this so I’ve created this wishlist. 

Bulk Apply Classifications | Miro

Please vote for it.