Skip to main content

Hello, I have issues with one of my teams board. I am the only user in my team and the owner of my boards. The problem is that one of my own boards that i used to be able to edit a few months ago, I can no longer edit. If i try move anything it snaps back, if i try adding anything like a text it just cancels the action.

Board is not locked according to any information provided by Miro
Board is owned by me
Im the only member of my team
My other board works fine.

I tried to find support outside of the community posts but not sure if its possible to get support from the Miro Team without a Subscription?

I would love to get the possibility to edit and add to my board again, it act as if its a bug since its neither restricted access or locked in any way.

Kind Regards

Banto

Hi @Banto 

Welcome to the Community!

I’ve converted your post into a support ticket so the Miro team can investigate the issue with your board. In the meantime, it would be helpful if you could share any additional details with them like the board URL link, team name where the board is stored, and screenshots or short video demonstrating the issue.

Once the support team gets back to you, please let us know the resolution here—it might be helpful for others who encounter a similar issue.

Thank you for your patience!

Thank you very much for this, where can I send the link?

Sharing it with the entire community in this post does not seem like a good idea or do you mean in a PM with them?

Super thankful for the quick help!

@Banto - I had this issue myself a few months ago with a board in my free plan team.

The board in question had been created as a “personal board” during a limited experiment that Miro was running. When the experiment was over, the board was converted back to a regular board and acted just as you described. What eventually ended up resolving the issue for me was:

From your dashboard,

1. open the board’s Share settings
  2. Change the Team access from Can edit to Can view, and then back to Can edit again.

Note: if that doesn’t immediately work, try changing from Can edit to Can view, but then close the Share settings, and re-open the Share settings and change back to Can edit.

I’m not guaranteeing success here, but my fingers are crossed for you 🤞

And old thread of this for reference:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/cannot-edit-my-personal-board-16716

Thank you very much for this, where can I send the link?

Sharing it with the entire community in this post does not seem like a good idea or do you mean in a PM with them?

Super thankful for the quick help!

@Banto - When @Eca converted your post into a support ticket, you should have received an email notifying you that your ticket was created - you can reply to that email with the additional details outlined by Eca. 

Thank you so much for the help Robert. Unfortunately I couldn’t solve my bug with the same solution as you provided but it was worth trying. For me it also looks a bit different since my team is only me I think that the “Anyone at Kevins test team team” can edit is missing

@Banto - Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Your share options have been updated to a newer look; one which Miro is trying to simplify things by removing the “team share settings” when you are the only team member.

Rather than writing long, detailed steps, I will PM you.

For all other readers, to get the team permissions to show up on a share dialogue, you can add a new team member (tip: you can use any, fake email address). Once you add another team member, you’ll see:

Then, use Manage access, and from the new screen, change the permissions of the option with multiple users:

And when you’re done, remove the user.

Okay, so I wrote the detailed steps :)

And here's a video showing the personal- converted to regular free plan-board behaviour:

https://www.loom.com/share/ac1c955f6fdc44bb869581305c26d501?sid=9d9d6281-6ad1-4f91-83ce-5c3e226919e7

@Banto - Another option is to duplicate the board and see if the new board acts as expected. If it does, you can then delete the original board.