Board Owner issue: I lost my board!

• 9 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hey guys! I’m new here, so I hope somebody will come in help :)

I was trying to move my board from “xxx project” to “none”. Once I did this, I lost the board. The problem is, if I digit the name of the board I can still see it in the search bar, but I cannot access it. The board’s owner is a previous coworker of my mine who doesn’t work for our company anymore.

Is there a way to transfer board ownership avoiding to contact the actual owner of the board? 

Any help is more than welcome, thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Giulio Vescovi -

What happens when you try to access the board from your browser history as that URL does not use the project it is in as part of the path? If it opens up, then you should be able to copy content from it or duplicate it assuming the team and board content copy settings permit this.

Kiron

@Giulio Vescovi -

What happens when you try to access the board from your browser history as that URL does not use the project it is in as part of the path? If it opens up, then you should be able to copy content from it or duplicate it assuming the team and board content copy settings permit this.

Kiron

When I try to open it, it immediately requires access and does not let me in. The access can be granted by the owner of the board, which is in this specific case is my ex-coworker.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Giulio Vescovi - “Project” = paid plan, so we know a little bit. From what you are describing, the board owner had set the Project permissions as such that a member of the project could access boards in said project.

If a Company/Team Admin deletes the user from the team, they should be able to choose you as the new owner of all of the previous employee’s content (boards, projects, and templates).

@Giulio Vescovi - “Project” = paid plan, so we know a little bit. From what you are describing, the board owner had set the Project permissions as such that a member of the project could access boards in said project.

If a Company/Team Admin deletes the user from the team, they should be able to choose you as the new owner of all of the previous employee’s content (boards, projects, and templates).

Solved!! Thanks a lot 😃