Answered

Best way to demote users

• 22 July 2020
  • 1 reply

My company has an enterprise account with XX number of paid seats.  We are just getting started and trying to figure out the best way to do user admin.  When we have a few users that are granted full seats, but soon realize Miro is not for them, or they just don’t use it often enough to justify tying up a full seat, what is the best way to free up their seat while still providing them the ability to join boards with view/comment capability?  We are using SSO if that matters.  At first I just deactivated users to free up their seats, but that seems to knock them out of Miro altogether.  I see that making them a non-team user frees up their seat, but will they still have view/comment access to boards?  I still want them to have the ability to occasionally participate with view/comment but not edit capability.  Searching for a best practice.

icon

Best answer by Marina 31 July 2020, 07:02

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Curt Baser,  

I see that making them a non-team user frees up their seat, but will they still have view/comment access to boards? I still want them to have the ability to occasionally participate with view/comment but not edit capability.

Yes, you can convert these users to Non-team users and invite to particular boards with viewer/commenter rights (non-team viewers and commenters do not require seats in the account).

By the way, if Day Passes are enabled, an Occasional member converted to a Non-team user will still keep editing access to boards to which they have been explicitly invited with editing rights and will consume Day Passes when opening the boards. To avoid that, their editing rights need to be removed on the boards. Another option is to remove the Occasional member from the account and re-invite them to particular boards as a viewer/commenter. Such a user will be listed in the settings as Free Non-team users (and won't take a paid license).

Hope that helps!

You can always learn more details from the Support team :relaxed: