Being Billed for FREE Account

• 19 June 2022
  • 9 replies

I am being billed for a free account and I can’t find any customer service number to call and get this resolved.

Lesson learned: before I sign up for anything FREE I will make sure I speak to a live person at customer support.

Has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it.

Thank you,

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@WSam - To clarify, anyone who goes to Miro’s website and signs up for a free account is not asked for a credit card. If your card is being charged by “MIRO.COM” on your credit card statement, at some point someone entered your credit card information into Miro. If this was not you, then you should contact  your credit card issuer.

I have received no emails about an invoice.

Some may ask, “How can this be happening to me?!”

A few possible scenarios:

1. Someone signs up with an email address, pays for a Miro subscription, and then
    1. Another Team Admin deletes them from a team
    2. Another Team Admin changes the Billing Admin email address in the Team’s Profile settings → Billing (now someone else is getting the emails) - NOTE: This is also considered a “feature” in Miro as it allows someone to pay for a Miro team subscription without consuming a paid license.
    3. someone updates their Miro account profile to another email address and now the billing statements are going to another email address.
    4. Someone signs up for a Free Plan, upgrades, and then deletes the paid team without first cancelling the subscription. 

I will request hat a Miro support ticket be opened for you, but I will warn that if you do not even know what the email address is was used for the subscription, then Miro will likely not be able to link it to the changes being made by their credit card processing provider, Stripe.

I would suggest that you think about to a time when you (or someone you know may have) used this credit card with Miro. Then, search emails to that address for:

• Subject like “Your receipt from RealtimeBoard Inc. dba Miro” or 
  • emails from: @stripe.com

I have the same issue. I am being charged and when I log in it says I am on a free account. I have no e-mail of any sort that indicates an invoice or a billing of some sort. No way to contact a human to fix it. I’ll contest charges.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have the same issue. I am being charged and when I log in it says I am on a free account. I have no e-mail of any sort that indicates an invoice or a billing of some sort. No way to contact a human to fix it. I’ll contest charges.

@justausername - I have converted your reply into a Miro support ticket - you should receive an email notification shortly.

This is happening to me as well. 

My current company and former company both use Miro.  When I log into using both former and current company email addresses, the plan is showing as free.  No receipt emails with the mythical customer support contact information in any inbox.

Even more fun, this company has no way to contact customer support to determine if this is a legitimate charge on my card or fraud.   Chargeback it is… buyer beware… even when you’re not a buyer apparently.

Hello,

I am writing to complain about an unexpected charge that just occurred on my credit card by Miro.

Late last year December, we got into the miro startup program and were given a $1,000 credit that was supposed to last for one year. but today I got a billing of $343 that was charged to my account one month after the so-called credits were given to us. my account is currently upgraded to a year plan. how come there is a charge that is now being sent to me 1 month after the program? the money is super important to us and we would appreciate it if it could be reversed. 

please look into this and get back to us please

Looking forward to hearing from you

Respectfully 

Elyan

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello,

I am writing to complain about an unexpected charge that just occurred on my credit card by Miro.

Late last year December, we got into the miro startup program and were given a $1,000 credit that was supposed to last for one year. but today I got a billing of $343 that was charged to my account one month after the so-called credits were given to us. my account is currently upgraded to a year plan. how come there is a charge that is now being sent to me 1 month after the program? the money is super important to us and we would appreciate it if it could be reversed. 

please look into this and get back to us please

Looking forward to hearing from you

Respectfully 

Elyan

I see you created a post, so I will include the same reply there too.

For billing related questions, your best course of action is to open a support ticket – instructions on how to do this can be found in the How to contact Miro Support help center article.

Hi, I also got charged on my credit card by Miro, even though I am on a free account. I have a free account on my personal email address (for personal stuff) and my freelancer- work email address (associated to this miroverse account). The credit card charge has no reference number written on it, it just says €21,77 was deducted on Mon 15.01.24.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi, I also got charged on my credit card by Miro, even though I am on a free account. I have a free account on my personal email address (for personal stuff) and my freelancer- work email address (associated to this miroverse account). The credit card charge has no reference number written on it, it just says €21,77 was deducted on Mon 15.01.24.

@Else van der Berg - Your comment has been forwarded to the Miro Support team. You should have received a notification of this by email. Please feel free to reply to that email with any additional information about the charge that you did not want posted publicly on this forum.

Hello,

I canceled  my free trial for a Business account on March 31st, and I just realized they charged me two weeks later 232 dollars!!! I sent them already an email  attaching screenshots and the email confirmation of the free trial suscription. Hope I receive my refund doesn’t make sense!