Anyone else getting bugged by "New features unlocked" popup that won't go away?

Userlevel 3

Doesn’t matter how many times I close, the ‘New Features unlocked” pop-up comes right back at me each time I open a new board. Am finding it rather distracting, and increasingly annoying.

Is it just me or anyone else out there experiencing the same and want to kill it with fire?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lucie A -

I’m seeing it too when I open a board which hasn’t been touched in a while but not on my frequently used boards.

I did a quick wish list idea search to see if anyone had already submitted a request to have this visible or not in the preferences and couldn’t find one so feel free to add one following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 3

Thanks @Kiron Bondale . For me the pop up is reappearing even for older boards that I dismissed the message on. It’s incessant 😩.

Now that I know I’m not the only one (thanks for your input!) I’ve submitted a support ticket as I’m presuming it’s not intended behaviour to have it there forever... and ever... and ever... and ever…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Lucie A The mere existence of “What’s new?” popups have been quite heavily discussed… 😅

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/how-do-i-mute-what-s-new-2612

Userlevel 3

Thanks for chipping in @Henrik Ståhl :)

I think the popup I’m looking at relates to the beta versions of Talk Track and Interactive Presentations I signed up to after Distributed, rather than actual product updates. But I ‘liked’ the thread you linked to for support - frequent popups are rubbish 💩.

Userlevel 3

Ah, @Henrik Ståhl and @Kiron Bondale I figured it out - had nothing to do with beta features or new releases… just an (un)helpful prompt to get me to score a last item off a checklist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Lucie A Mmm, those classy gamification checklists… 🤤

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Haha OMG, why does my emoji look like that?! The Apple emoji is quiiite different:

Its scary this was 8 months ago. This sounds like an ongoing issue still as of 9-15-23. So awesome lol. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Corey Riddle and everyone else!

Thank you for reaching out about this! We're confirming that this issue has been resolved by our team. Cheers!

Doesn’t matter how many times I close, the ‘New Features unlocked” pop-up comes right back at me each time I open a new board. Am finding it rather distracting, and increasingly annoying.

Is it just me or anyone else out there experiencing the same and want to kill it with fire?

I’ve never felt more seen or understood. I sent this as through the feedback button not too long ago

For the love of God and my mental health 🤯, please please please please please make it possible to dismiss the gift box onboarding graphic! I have done 7/8 just so I can get rid of it, and I CANNOT figure out how to get it to accept that I did "Private boards"... 🤬😤