Any way to make direct pasting board links render more specifically?

• 15 February 2022
  • 1 reply

I do a lot of linking among boards, to better organize and segregate topics. What I would like to do is just be able to paste a Miro board URL into another board, and have it render some reasonable placeholder for the target board. Unfortunately, it always does this:

This is the case for any Miro link, including board, internal, and within the same organization. What I usually resort to is something like this:

But this can become a fair amount of work if you have to do it over many boards. It’s not a huge deal, but it would be nice if the thumbnail rendering could at least include the title, rather than a login page summary. Anyone else find a better solution? This seems to be what’s suggested in this article, but I’m hoping we can streamline this process a bit.

Thanks,

Joel

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Joel Webber,

Actually, the preview depends on the linked board sharing settings. In order to get the full preview including board's title and preview area (see screenshot below), please enable public sharing for the board (even viewing access would be enough for this purpose). You can additionally turn on password protection.

I'd like to highlight that I don't propose you to start sharing your board with others via a public link, but rather enable those settings to get a more informative preview when linking those boards.

For boards not shared publicly, the preview intentionally lacks any identifiable information to ensure maximum privacy. 

Hope this helps. Should you have any further questions, feel free to drop us a line!