Access to existing boards when moving them into a project for those outside the team

• 8 August 2023
  • 2 replies

My Miro team has grown and become a huge list of boards, most of which aren’t organised in any projects. I’d like to create some projects to try and get some control over the structure. But lots of our boards have been shared with edit access to others outside of the team. If I move those boards into a project in the same team, will the URL change so that I would have to set up board access details again?

I did a bit of a test and it seemed like the URL of the board did change, but when I clicked on the original URL it still took me to the board. But this might have been because I am in the team - does it work in the same way for those outside of the team?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nikki Thomas - Have you shared a link to the board using the Visitors access, i.e., Anyone with the link → Can edit, or did you add the non-team members directly to the board as Guests?

If the former, nothing will change. And if the latter, moving to different projects will not affect the users access. But, if you try to move the board to a different team, any Guests added directly to the board will lose access:

Also, the board URL should stay the same, even when moving between teams.

Thank you for the speedy response! Yes, I allowed access to the board using visitor’s access so glad to know that it will still work.