Question

Access problems in Ukraine

• 5 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I live in the non-occupied area of Donetsk region in Ukraine. I work as a teacher and use Miro to teach my students during war and bombshells. Recently I found out that I can't have an access to my whiteboards because app thinks that my city is occupied. How can we deal with this problem?

2 replies

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing. It's commendable that you're continuing to educate your students under such challenging circumstances.

Firstly, I would recommend reaching out to the Miro community and their support team. They might be able to help you with this issue. You can explain your situation and they may be able to make an exception or find a workaround for you.

In the meantime, you might consider using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or a Proxy server. These tools can help you appear as though you're accessing the internet from a different location. This could potentially allow you to bypass the issue you're experiencing with Miro.

Here's how you can use a VPN or Proxy:

1. Choose a VPN or Proxy service. There are many available, both free and paid. Some popular options include NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and CyberGhost for VPNs, and Hidester, Hide.me, and KProxy for proxies. 

2. Download and install the VPN or Proxy software on your device.

3. Open the software and choose a server location that is not in the occupied area.

4. Connect to the server. Your device should now appear to be accessing the internet from the chosen location.

5. Try accessing Miro again. If everything has been set up correctly, you should be able to access your whiteboards.

Remember, this is a temporary solution. It's still important to reach out to Miro's support team to see if they can provide a more permanent solution to your problem. Reach out if you need a promo code for the most popular VPNs