Linked Text (Update one field, it updates in other places)

We frequently find that it would be useful to update a label or other bit of text in one place on the whiteboard and have it automatically update in other places. For example, we have a 2×2 scenarios grid, meaning it has 4 quadrants. Each quadrant is assigned to a team, and each team has some exercises to do for that quadrant. Next to each exercise, we reproduce that team’s quadrant of the grid. If we rename the quadrant, we’d like the name to change everywhere it appears on the whiteboard. Similarly, each team has the same set of exercises. If we rename an exercise, we’d like the name of that exercise to change on each team’s section of the whiteboard. So, basically, I’m asking for a text box that auto-populates by copying the content of another text box.

I often wish I could stick a sticky note or card with the same content in a different location.
This feature cannot be achieved with a real paper sticky note, but it will be a unique feature of MIRO.
I'd love to see it implemented!

Another feature tackling similar problems:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/master-frame-linked-frames-or-embed-a-frame-in-a-frame-for-consistent-updates-across-time-2311

:bulb: A use case for this is when we map out either features or stakeholders and want to reference them again in another workshop. Duplicating is fraught with errors and doesn’t allow for ‘change once, update many’.

:heart_eyes: I’d love to see a ‘make linked card’ in the right-click menu that duplicated the card but meant that changes were pushed bi-directionally.

:checkered_flag: Even better would be a library of linkable master cards that can be used again and again across multiple boards. 

A simple use case for me is that I would like workshop attendees to put their names in one place and then it is added to the corner of a set of sticky notes they will use. This would allow us to know who wrote each note.

I can use different colours for the different attendees, but some people are colour blind and also it makes remembers who everyone is quite tricky, especially if we are a large group.

A simple use case for me is that I would like workshop attendees to put their names in one place and then it is added to the corner of a set of sticky notes they will use. This would allow us to know who wrote each note.

I can use different colours for the different attendees, but some people are colour blind and also it makes remembers who everyone is quite tricky, especially if we are a large group.

One workaround I use is to use the tag function. You can add participants' names ahead of the meeting then all they have to do is tag each sticky they write. (hint: duplicating pre-tagged stickies makes it even easier for them)

One workaround I use is to use the tag function. You can add participants' names ahead of the meeting then all they have to do is tag each sticky they write. (hint: duplicating pre-tagged stickies makes it even easier for them)

That’s a great tip, thank you Garry. I’ll have a play around with that.