Idea

Include Description of Cards in CSV Export

• 10 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi, I am working with a Story board and would like to export all the information captured in it.

Unfortunately, the .csv only includes details such as Title and Tags which I used, but no Description.

Can you please enhance the functionality to include also the Description?

Thank you! Julius

7 replies

Agree, this would be so useful!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’d like this, plus the ability to create a group tag & sequence in group for objects. I frequently set up client-updated workshop forms which need to be exported into structured data fields. I hate switching them out of Miro to do that structured data entry. It would be much easier to set up the objects in the visual structure I want and export the fields into an easy to use pre-defined sequence. 

We’ve used a variety of visual formats including tables,  linked object trees, and even loosely structured clumps for workshops and what we get out in CSV exports is basically a jumbled mess of hard to read data

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am working with a Story board and would like to export all the information captured in it.

Unfortunately, the .csv only includes details such as Title and Tags which I used, but no Description.

Can you please enhance the functionality to include also the Description?

Thank you! Julius

Fully agree - integrating Card Descriptions into CSV exports would be really helpful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Julius Schwarcz - This appears to have been delivered.

Example card (using greed letters to represent the corresponding column in the CSV export):

The resulting CSV export:

If you agree, then we’ll tag this Idea as “Delivered”.

This is a really good feature.  I was wondering if the card export to CSV could also apply to Jira cards and that one could define the fields which would be exportable.

@Julius Schwarcz - This appears to have been delivered.

Example card (using greed letters to represent the corresponding column in the CSV export):

The resulting CSV export:

If you agree, then we’ll tag this Idea as “Delivered”.

@Robert Johnson how did you achieve that? If I export a card via CSV, I only get the description.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Masha

how did you achieve that? If I export a card via CSV, I only get the description.

I added a title (with a hyperlink), some text in the card description, assigned it to someone, added a tag, and date, and then exported:

I just tried this again and it is working for me in the latest stable version of Chrome and the Miro desktop app (on Windows 10 64-bit).

What does your card look like before exporting? Can you share a screenshot? Loom is also a free and quite-easy-to-use screen recorder.