Import mind maps from other apps

Related products: Mapping & Diagramming Apps & Integrations

I’ve been using MindNode for a long time and have lots of mind map templates, and mindmaps that I’m using. It would be great to be able to import these into Miro.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Another big vote for importing MindNode maps into Miro! Any progress on this?

What file format can presently import to Miro? 

I’m wondering if ChatGPT with vision and code interpreter can solve for this. Seems it could look at the image of anything we create with any tool, and transform that into whatever Miro is already ready to upload. I’m just not sure yet (haven’t been looking that long, tho) which format that is. 

I have complicated Google drawings I’d like to import. 

Is there a better community discussion anywhere? This sort of forum isn’t really very useful. I see a Reddit but it isn’t that active. A Discord server would be the thing. Most of the new AI powered tools have them and they are very useful. Miro is old school, I guess. This user community needs a better platform for mutual hacking support. 

I’m feeling there may be a workaround. Miro will import .vsdx files, so we need to get our current maps and diagrams into .vsdx. Not sure if that can be done without Visio, but maybe. ChatGPT can’t create that format, unfortunately. I do see some online converters that I am going to try now. Will report back if I have any success. 

Zero comments from Miro in more than three years?

The mindmapping seems to be simply feature bloat if it can’t be used by people experienced at mindmapping (which means we need to import our work). In fact basic import of multiple nodes through cut and paste isn’t even possible.

Is anyone monitoring this or is there a better place to comment? A community that’s a ghost town is worse than no community 😞 .

Hi all - you can import CSV and OPML mind maps with this app on the Miro marketplace:

https://miro.com/marketplace/mindmapdownloader/