Idea

Checklists in kanban cards

• 15 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4

I would like the ability to write checklists in Kanban-cards AND assign tasks in the checklists to members of the team.

9 replies

I would like the ability to write checklists in Kanban-cards AND assign tasks in the checklists to members of the team.

I think this feature will be helpful for our team too. Meanwhile, I’ll try to see if there is an alternative way to use a checklist inside a card.

Userlevel 2

This really is an essential feature for us to be able to use Miro to track and allocate workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

To add, lists that can be saved as templates.

Userlevel 3

This would really help my team adopt the Kanban framework. I would settle for the the ability to use more markup language tools in the cards, I thing the ability to add checklists would really knock it out of the park. 

Thanks!

We are used to having multiple checklists in Trello when using Kanbans.:grin:

Badge +1

Many times a card is too much for small, quick lists.  A Checklist will fill that gap.  Even as standalone and not in a Card.  I know there is the one in the Notes sections, which is great, however the ability to drop a Checklist anywhere on any Frame would elevate Miro to the next level, even a way to see an overview of Checklists similar to Cards and Frames.

This would definitely be super helpful. 

I think a good initial implementation would be the markdown implementation, i.e. 

- [ ] 

creates a checkbox. 

Being able to assign individual list items to folks would be a v2 as there would already be workarounds. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

My ask would be that the card cover would show the total checked of all checkboxes, e.g., two lists with three items in each = 6 boxes, with 1 checked in each would show the following on the card cover: 2/6

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

If it helps someone, in the lesser known feature called Visual Notes, you can add a To do list with checkboxes from Visual Notes Templates:

One unfortunate limitation at the moment is that you can only add one template object per board. However, you can bypass this by opening another board that does not have a visual notes pane template object, create one, and then copy-paste it into another board.