What’s New: Diagramming & Process Mapping in Miro

• 11 December 2023
  • 17 replies
What’s New: Diagramming & Process Mapping in Miro
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Miro Community,

Discover the potential of Miro’s diagramming and process mapping capabilities designed for all teams! From product development to system architecture and process mapping, our user-friendly workspace helps to visualize complex systems, ideas, and organizational structures. This allows teams to get started faster, automate time-consuming tasks, and bring products and software to market more efficiently – all while collaborating and creating a shared understanding among teams.

Here are just some of the helpful updates we’ve made in Miro over the past year to take your diagramming and process mapping to the next level: 

• Draw.io integration by Miro - Create flowcharts, diagrams, and more directly within your Miro boards using our integration with draw.io — an open-source diagramming tool. 
  • Line jumps - Line jumps help clarify which object each line refers to when lines intersect. When turned on, they appear automatically on intersecting lines. 
  • Value stream mapping - Quickly create and collaborate on value stream maps in real-time, and make continuous improvements efficiently 
  • Salesforce architecture- Create consistency with standardized design principles usingSalesforce’s latest architecture shape pack 
  • Cloud architecture - Design cloud architecture diagrams using the latest AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure shape packs 
  • Text to diagram - With PlantUML app, you can easily create code-based diagrams inside Miro
  • Mind map auto layout - Focus on your ideas instead of worrying about the design–– auto layout quickly organizes your mind map and more! 

For the full list of what we launched last year check out our What’s New 2023 board or click on any link below to get your personal tour of each update, directly from our team!

Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments below for a chance to win Miro swag: 

💬  What was a Miro update you didn’t know existed that you can’t wait to use this year?

We are so thankful for all of you who make Miro better and look forward to creating and innovating with you in this new year!

17 replies

Userlevel 1

Im embarrassed to admit that I didn’t know you can pin and unpin apps in the toolbar! 🙈 Its such a huge timesaver 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Im embarrassed to admit that I didn’t know you can pin and unpin apps in the toolbar! 🙈 Its such a huge timesaver 😅

No shame here, Luna! Once that update was launched, it completely changed the game for me! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

What I learned → Comment preview on hover :) @Isha Shah - Next up: Profile card while viewing a Comment preview? 😉

@Kristin - While Brand Center makes a BIG difference and was definitely no “small win!” 😍

@Sophia Chia - Talktrack has replaced Guests as my favourite Miro feature!

New Wish List ideas I just added:

1. Skip Countdown
  2. Play previous

I’m excited for the next big thing in 2024!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What I learned → Comment preview on hover :) @Isha Shah - Next up: Profile card while viewing a Comment preview? 😉

@Kristin - While Brand Center makes a BIG difference and was definitely no “small win!” 😍

@Sophia Chia - Talktrack has replaced Guests as my favourite Miro feature!

New Wish List ideas I just added:

1. Skip Countdown
  2. Play previous

I’m excited for the next big thing in 2024!

So happy to hear these updates have made a BIG impact for you, Rob! Talktrack continues to be one of my favorites too! Cheers to 2024 🎉

Hi Miro team,  Love the Miro board - an outstanding visual collaboration board, well done!.  Is there an option to get a copy of this board “What’s New: A look back”  to be used as a template?  thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Talktrack is amazing! 🌟

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing more about how you’ve used Miro in 2023 @Robert Johnson @Glenn RANDLE @Henrik Ståhl! I’ll be sending you a DM to receive your Miro Swag!!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For anyone else that comes across this post, Let us know in the comments the following for a chance to win Miro Swag 🎁

• What was your favorite update and/or feature of 2023?
  • What was an update, big or small,  you didn’t know existed that you can’t wait to use in 2024?

Love how helpful especially for newcomers to have the Templates & frameworks designs provided even in the free version to onboard on using Miro at ease. Also not to forget the smooth collaboration features, mouseover and easy screen sharing that really had me see a different approach on conducting a collaborative meeting nowdays.

Talktrack would be the most appreciated feature I guess for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Love how helpful especially for newcomers to have the Templates & frameworks designs provided even in the free version to onboard on using Miro at ease. Also not to forget the smooth collaboration features, mouseover and easy screen sharing that really had me see a different approach on conducting a collaborative meeting nowdays.

Talktrack would be the most appreciated feature I guess for me.

SO happy to hear the many ways you’ve been able to use Miro this year @Abdullah Alhabshi! Thank you for sharing. Check your DMs for instructions on how to access free Miro Swag!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We’ve updated this post to highlight some of the newest innovation behind Miro’s Diagramming & Process Mapping capabilities and can’t wait to hear what you all think! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

We’ve updated this post to highlight some of the newest innovation behind Miro’s Diagramming & Process Mapping capabilities and can’t wait to hear what you all think! 

@Manouska - What exactly was changed in this post? I haven’t looked at it since December 11 😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Manouska - What exactly was changed in this post? I haven’t looked at it since December 11 😜

We’ve highlighted Miro’s Diagramming and Mapping capabilities in this post instead of all of the features and updates we launched. I’m curious, have you’ve tried any of these diagramming and mapping features @Robert Johnson?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Manouska 

I’m curious, have you’ve tried any of these diagramming and mapping features?

Line jumps have made several of my larger, more complex diagrams much easier to follow the connections 🙌

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Manouska

I’m curious, have you’ve tried any of these diagramming and mapping features?

Line jumps have made several of my larger, more complex diagrams much easier to follow the connections 🙌

Music to my ears! So happy to hear it! 

I absolutelllyyy love how the miro have neightbourhoods segmented and it gave me inspiration on my next workshop. Is there anywhere i can download the visuals (e.g. the neighbourhood and elements) of the miroboard? Or is it available on Miroverse?

For anyone else that comes across this post, Let us know in the comments the following for a chance to win Miro Swag 🎁

• What was your favorite update and/or feature of 2023?
  • What was an update, big or small,  you didn’t know existed that you can’t wait to use in 2024?

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions and the diagramming help Miro team!

As an enterprise user planning across many teams , my planning workshops needed to sparkle with information in key areas as well as presentation capabilities. Thanks to the great templates from the community, so far no one has figured out I lack any aesthetic sensibilities !!

My favorite feature is Talktrack , using mentions and async collab tools ! 

Looking forward to share back and possibly host a webinar for the miroverse if someone can tell me how ?!