NEW! Announcing the Miro app for Zoom

NEW! Announcing the Miro app for Zoom
Userlevel 3

Hello, Miro! Today we are thrilled to share the launch of the #1 most requested feature from you all over the past year: introducing the Miro app for Zoom. Now teams can seamlessly open a Miro board directly in their Zoom meeting, share it with meeting participants, and co-create together — all without switching tools. 

✅To get started, add the Miro app for Zoom, and read more about our partnership with Zoom on our blog

❓Need help? Read more about getting the most out of the Miro app for Zoom in our Help Center. To access Miro’s app, admin must approve & enable Zoom Apps for your team’s account, which you can read about in our Admin Guide.

🚀Today we are LIVE on Product Hunt. Check us out, and let us know what you think in the Product Hunt comments!

We can’t wait to see how you all use Miro in Zoom to make your meetings more human. 

68 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello David,

That’s excellent news!!
However, I having problems trying to install it. Are you aware of this issue?

Thanks in advance.

This is great news! Can I ask: will this work on a desktop/laptop or only on a smartphone?

Userlevel 1

I already recieved an email from Zoom that the app was installed.

Is there any tip or tutorial to learn how to enable the board within the zoom meeting?

Thank you!

Userlevel 3

@juan ian do you still have an issue with this? What Zoom plan are you on https://zoom.us/pricing ? Thanks

Userlevel 3

Our help article is here @juan ian  https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012756459

Userlevel 1

Once I updated Zoom app, I could open the apps section and Miro shows up.

But the boards seems to need a TOKENto open.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello @David Grabner, I Followed every steps in the article by @Vlada including updating my Zoom app to the 5.7.3 version but nothing seem to have changed in the Zoom app interface on my end. 

Is it a Zoom integration problem for the Miro app? 

Userlevel 1

@Adrien Painturier I had the same problem, and after restart my system Zoom’s interface updated.

May be that works.

Userlevel 3

@juan ian @Adrien Painturier we are seeing an issue for a specific Zoom account plan.
Therefore wanted to ask what Zoom plan are you on https://zoom.us/pricing ? Thanks

Userlevel 1

@David Grabner I am PRO user of Zoom.

Userlevel 1

Hello David,

That’s excellent news!!

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue even when upgrading zoom app

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@David Grabner I am a Zoom Admin on my campus wide Zoom license. And I have an Education plan for Miro. 

Hello David,

That’s excellent news!!

Thanks in advance.

Same problem on my Zoom app on macOS Big Sur, Zoom v.5.7.3 (809) Pro account. Can’t configure Miro connection from Miro app page on Zoom Market Place -- it brings this error message.

Userlevel 1

@Thana and @Denise Dziwak Although I received the same message, zoom sent me an email saying “You just installed Miro from the Zoom App Marketplace.”. 

Maybe Zoom is having trouble notifying the complete installation on the web.

I got Zoom to recognize the Miro app, but got the following error when I tried to open it in Zoom: Unable to get Miro access token. Zoom user not found.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@David Grabner I am located in Europe, could that be a feature first made available in a restricted geographicarea ?

@Thana and @Denise Dziwak Although I received the same message, zoom sent me an email saying “You just installed Miro from the Zoom App Marketplace.”. 

Maybe Zoom is having trouble notifying the complete installation on the web.

Zoom sends notification to account owner every time an app was installed or uninstalled—not a report of a problem.

Finally Miro on Zoom is working!! I think the developers have worked out to solve the token for connection issue.

Logged in!

Userlevel 1

Mine is still failing to connect.

Hi, I am having the same issue as above. Miro app is installed and shows as “installed” in Zoom. In Settings, button to show apps on-screen in Zoom is “on.” Then (1) clicking “Configure” in the Miro app page leads to same error message as others have posted “Something Went Wrong”, and (2) when I open a Zoom meeting, the apps button doesn’t show up. All this after rebooting the computer 2x. Please advise! I love the prospect of having Miro at my fingertips directly from Zoom!

I’m still getting the “Unable to get Miro access token. Zoom user not found.”

Userlevel 3

Hi everyone, we had some hiccups to start with but all should be resolved now. 

Please re-install the Miro app for Zoom via our landing page https://miro.com/works-with-zoom/

If any issues persist feel free to post them here or contact our support team. Looking forward to you user feedback. Thanks

Userlevel 1

It’s working!!

Thanks @David Grabner and congratulations for this incredible feature!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@David Grabner 
Excited to see this integration! Looking forward to testing it live with team and clients. 

I am finding it odd, however, that unlike (for example) the Airtable-Miro embed integration, the embedded boards in the Zoom integration do read your Miro user acct, but don’t provide you with any access to your team-installed Miro App Marketplace apps.

Perhaps the integration dev team is missing something simple in this case … or perhaps they made a conscious decision to restrict marketplace apps in the context of the Zoom+Miro app.  

cc: @Boris Borodyansky 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It’s working!!

Thanks @David Grabner and congratulations for this incredible feature!

Lucky you @juan ian ! Still not working on my end. :rolling_eyes: